Monthly Direct Debit £40
    Unit rate 3.035p per kWh
    Standing charge 8.400p per day
    Assumed annual consumption
    12500 kWh, £410, 3.28p per kWh
    14621 kWh, £474, 3.24p per kWh
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    SC is very cheap .
    Be aware that the standing charge is very cheap because they will not deal with a faulty meter if you happen to have one.

From their terms:
    7b. Maintenance of gas reader and equipment

You will be responsible for the maintenance of the gas meter and equipment at your expenses. daligas has no responsibility for the operation or safety of the gas meter and gas equipment in your premises.

Exactly how they get away with this I don't know.
    How you are meant to deal with it yourself I don't know.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    SC is very cheap .

Not as cheap as Ebico ;)

But then again, we should all be consulting a comparison site to compare total anticipated annual costs, not just individual parts of a tariff.
  • Maxwell007
    Options
    Thanks istar that’s has made up my mind regarding daligas hahah,
    it’s now between dual fuel with eon mse fixed or single with eon and zog gas, but I’m very worried about the switch when it involves I will be leaving EE I fear my switch will not be easy and straight forward as it should be . .

• lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Maxwell007 wrote: »
    Thanks istar that’s has made up my mind regarding daligas hahah,
    it’s now between dual fuel with eon mse fixed or single with eon and zog gas, but I’m very worried about the switch when it involves I will be leaving EE I fear my switch will not be easy and straight forward as it should be . .

Daligas and Zog were cheapest when I switched, but only Zog will deal with independent gas transporters.

I'm pleased with the service I get from Zog, but monthly meter reads and submissions are a must. It's a little extra work for the customer, but a much cheaper bill for it. They have been quick to resolve any issues too.

I'm not sure daligas terms would stand up to a test case, no meter maintenance company will deal with the public as far as I know. I think the first time it comes up, Daligas will be told to deal with it and change their terms and conditions.

Good luck with whatever you choose. :)
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    I'm sure you said earlier that the switch happened on 01 June 2015 - I make that only about 6 weeks ago
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=68493477&postcount=73

It was only 2 weeks before that date (so 2 months ago) that you posted how happy you were with nPower supplying your gas
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=68395101&postcount=281

:cool:

(See also post#283 of that thread)

Just seen your post and my aim was not to confuse anyone only myself. I was very happy with N Power but E.on came along with an even better deal so changed my electricity supply to them and so far very happy.

With regard my gas supply I was not intending to switch after all and as I never agreed to their terms and conditions by signing the agreement form i did not think they would complete the transfer. However I was wrong and still sent ahead.

Since I have been with them no issues and they are the cheapest on the market for me. Also I had a safety inspection carried out on the meter a few weeks before the switch so I know there are no issues there.
  • olivetti
    olivetti Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Daligas have a new tariff as of yesterday, technically two tariffs but they are the same!?!

Standing charge has gone up 1 pence a day to 9.5p per day inc VAT but the kWh has dropped to 2.7p per kWh, which more than makes up for the increase to the standing charge.

I was aleady with Daligas and I have emailed them with my account details and today's meter readings. They have advised that the tariff switch is in progress.
  • olivetti
    olivetti Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    New tariff launched today Daligas One One Fix Saver 16 Tariff.

2.25p p/KWH and 18.00p per day standing order.

Quite a drop in the unit rate and quite a hike in the standing order. Still works out more than £30 a year cheaper than previous Daligas tariff for me.

No cancellation fees on old or new tariffs.

I have emailed my details and meter reading to change across.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    With the higher standing charge Zog gas would work out £7 cheaper for me .
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I can also vouch for Zog. My switch to them was seamless and they managed to get my IGT supply switched to them in 3 weeks from application. Ovo said that this was just not possible.

That said, Zog has no 'bells and whistles'; i.e., no fancy apps, DD managers etc. Provided you remember to give them an actual meter reading on the day before your switch date, then you will get an accurate bill about 10 days later.
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Olivetti, thank you for the tip. It's annoying that I have to rely on MSE for updates on tariffs. Switched today to save £40 over the year.
    Je suis sabot...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport