EON standing charge but no supply to property

Options

Comments

• AnnieDaPea
    AnnieDaPea Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sorry you were given contradictory information when speaking to our Director's Office.
    To me, it seems self-evident that E.On had not told all its representatives which untruths they should parrot to customers.
    Just to be clear, the comments I've made in this thread about our standing charges remain valid.
    Just to be clear, I am disgusted with the way your company operates.
    We first announced the move to a standing charge last year. As above, this was in response to feed back from many of our customers. This followed our Reset review, launched in November 2011, which looked at all our relationships with customers.

On the back of the Reset review, many changes have been made to the way we service customer's accounts. The introduction of standing charges is just one of a number of changes and preceded the implementation of Ofgem's Retail Market Review by quite a time.
    That is just self-justifying flim-flam and, once more, it seems to suggest that OFGEM was somehow involved with what was a commercial decision to impose standing charges. OFGEM was not involved.
    We've now written to all customers affected by the change to a standing charge.
    I did not receive any such notification.
    We did, also, announce the change in a press release from our Chief Executive at 10.36am on Monday, 10 December 2012. A copy of this is available on our website.
    Do you really suppose that one sentence, buried in a verbose load of corporate spin, is adequate? You might as well state that adequate notice had been provided by means of a placard pasted on the door of a public lavatory in Aldershot.

It does seem quite remarkable that your CEO, Tony Cocker, should apparently have failed to mention the introduction of standing charges when "explaining" how the price hike in January 2013 was "necessary". You just need to look at the news reports in all the news media to see this.

Had he not been briefed adequately?
    It's certainly not appropriate to comment on other suppliers and this is something I'll be stressing. What other suppliers do is not our concern and I apologise again for these comments.
    So those untruths will no longer be told?

I would like to hope so but, as I no longer have any confidence left in the ethics and ability of E.On to do anything apart from making as much profit as possible for its German owners, I rather doubt any significant changes will be made to the scripts issued in the call centre.
  • AnnieDaPea
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    We have a standard meter and it has not been read by anyone as we have our own box and only we have the key.

So why does our bill state that it has been read?
    Are you sure the key will only open your meter box?

Might the E.On meter reader have a master key?
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 June 2013 at 2:54PM
    Options
    AnnieDaPea wrote: »
    Are you sure the key will only open your meter box?

Might the E.On meter reader have a master key?

Yes I am quite sure they do not have a master key. When we first lived here 17 years ago they would knock and ask where is was and then come back as they could not open it. Ever since every time they knocked we would have to show them where it is and give them the key.

The box is not the usual meter box, is situated away from the house and we would know if someone had tried to get to it, we also work from home so there is always someone here.

No one has been to read the meter for some considerable time.

Also the bill is showing an actual reading on 23 april 2013 and another actual one on 15th may 2013 which is very strange.

I am very confused as all my bills for the last year have been estimated and yet my most recent shows different reading periods over the last year and some of which are 'actual' readings? How on earth can that be right?

Eon Rep can you explain that to me please?
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We have a standard meter and it has not been read by anyone as we have our own box and only we have the key.

So why does our bill state that it has been read?
    Yes I am quite sure they do not have a master key. When we first lived here 17 years ago they would knock and ask where is was and then come back as they could not open it. Ever since every time they knocked we would have to show them where it is and give them the key.

The box is not the usual meter box, is situated away from the house and we would know if someone had tried to get to it.

No one has been to read the meter for some considerable time.

Also the bill is showing an actual reading on 23 april 2013 and another actual one on 15th may 2013 which is very strange.

Hi POPPYOSCAR

Are the meter readings correct?

If they are, a couple of things spring to mind.

Do you have a Smart Meter? These are similar to standard meters but with the ability to send readings to us electronically. If you do, readings from these meters show on bills as 'Actual' readings.

Did you enter readings online or call through with them? Sometimes, readings received this way drop on to a task list and are entered manually by the back office guys. Again, these will show on bills as 'Actual' readings.

If the readings aren't correct, we need to investigate further as there may be other issues. Please let us know if this is the case. Drop an email to the address in my Profile if you prefer. I'll be happy to start the ball rolling.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    No we do not have smart meter, the meter has been there for years.

I have not given a card reading or entered on line for some time although I have done in the past. Also all the bills for the last year show estimated figures so I do not understand how the latest bill(covering a period from 1 feb 2012 to 15th May 2013) can show actual figures, especially an actual reading on 23 april 2013 and another one on 15th May 2013 which would mean the meter was read twice in the space of three weeks?
  • AnnieDaPea
    Options
    Do you have a Smart Meter? These are similar to standard meters but with the ability to send readings to us electronically.
    What part of "We have a standard meter" can you not understand?
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    No we do not have smart meter, the meter has been there for years.

I have not given a card reading or entered on line for some time although I have done in the past. Also all the bills for the last year show estimated figures so I do not understand how the latest bill(covering a period from 1 feb 2012 to 15th May 2013) can show actual figures, especially an actual reading on 23 april 2013 and another one on 15th May 2013 which would mean the meter was read twice in the space of three weeks?

Hi POPPYOSCAR

I agree, as we've not had access to the meter and you've not given us readings, this does seem odd.

To save me speculating more than I've already done, I really need to have a look at your account. Will be happy to do this if you drop an email to the address in my Profile. Up to date meter readings will also help.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    Hi POPPYOSCAR

I agree, as we've not had access to the meter and you've not given us readings, this does seem odd.

To save me speculating more than I've already done, I really need to have a look at your account. Will be happy to do this if you drop an email to the address in my Profile. Up to date meter readings will also help.

Malc

Thank you.

What is your email address please as I cannot seem to find it in your profile?
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    Thank you.

What is your email address please as I cannot seem to find it in your profile?

Found an email address under 'Biography' rather thought it would be under the 'Contact' details myself!
    Options
    Thanks POPPYOSCAR.

Have received email and just replied.

Malc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure