IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

POPLA Decisions

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 January 2019 at 7:13PM
    Options
    Thanks bearmerguy, I love beamers too. I've got a silver grey 330Ci and a black 3.0si Z4 coupe.

They did reject direct appeal and supplied POPLA code. I presume they got my gf's data from DVLA.

Nice cars.

Mine is a 5 series

Others might be along soon to talk to you about Data,
  • FedUpofBWLegal
    Options
    Hi Umkomaas - now done! I'd already made lots of paragraphs (as the decisions were delivered to me in one giant slab :-/) but I can see how it's still waaaay too long. Hopefully now better.

Yes I've been sitting tight whilst I have been harassed by BWLegal over mobile, text message, email and post following POPLA's decisions. I have recently received a LBC (it is identical to the slew of BWLegal letters recently posted on here so they are obviously on a roll!) so I have sent a SAR to Britannia and emailed BWLegal to let them know, as well as to insist they cease the harassment, and that I have reported them to the ICO and the SRA (which I have). I'll await the official documentation then start a thread on here, I've been researching and swotting up. I think they'll be keen to take this one to court with POPLA having backed their cause...!
  • beamerguy
    Options

Yes I've been sitting tight whilst I have been harassed by BWLegal over mobile, text message, email and post following POPLA's decisions. I have recently received a LBC (it is identical to the slew of BWLegal letters recently posted on here so they are obviously on a roll!) so I have sent a SAR to Britannia and emailed BWLegal to let them know, as well as to insist they cease the harassment, and that I have reported them to the ICO and the SRA (which I have). I'll await the official documentation then start a thread on here, I've been researching and swotting up. I think they'll be keen to take this one to court with POPLA having backed their cause...!

Forget POPLA they are outdated dinosaurs using assessors straight out of Jurassic park. Judges will take no notice of them
    Shows just how they are out of date ...... using the Beavis case, only one of the daft POPLA assessors would think that is applicable

BWLegal scamming you with phone calls
    BWLegal adding on a fake £60

READ ALL ABOUT BWLEGAL HERE
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5672664

Be prepared for pure crap from BWL now

Now start your own thread
  • FedUpofBWLegal
    Options
    Thanks - will do!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Umkomaas - now done! I'd already made lots of paragraphs (as the decisions were delivered to me in one giant slab :-/) but I can see how it's still waaaay too long. Hopefully now better.

I think it might be better if you opened a new thread for each of your cases as this sticky might become overwhelmed with issues drifting into dealing with court claims. Not its intended purpose.

A separate one for each PPC, with a short introductory bit of background, followed by the POPLA decision relevant to the particular case, then we can go from there.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • FedUpofBWLegal
    Options
    Hi Umkomaas - will do. I was going to wait with taking up space on the main forum (I assume that's where I post my own thread) until I had actually received the Court Claim, done the AoS and applied for the MCOL. But if you think it might be helpful to start two separate threads now I will do so - no doubt there will be a letter soon although the BWLegal letter gave me until the end of the month (30 days) to respond so likely nothing will happen before end of January.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Hi Umkomaas - will do. I was going to wait with taking up space on the main forum (I assume that's where I post my own thread) until I had actually received the Court Claim, done the AoS and applied for the MCOL. But if you think it might be helpful to start two separate threads now I will do so - no doubt there will be a letter soon although the BWLegal letter gave me until the end of the month (30 days) to respond so likely nothing will happen before end of January.

OK so you have a LBC ...... over to your own thread
  • vitg
    vitg Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Happy to have received this in an email yesterday!

Original thread below (add https:// to the front)

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75203254#post75203254

Or search "POPLA appeal for NCP at railway carpark"

Dear Xxxxxxx Xxxxxxx,

Thank you for submitting your parking charge Appeal to POPLA.

An Appeal has been opened with the reference xxxxxxxxx..

NCP Ltd have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team

Thanks to all for the invaluable information and help along the way.

Cheers!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    NCP Ltd have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that [STRIKE]your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.[/STRIKE] their parking charge was never legitimate in the first place, but they thought they'd have a go at getting you to pay it anyway.
    What POPLA meant to say!

I bet if you'd paid the charge, they wouldn't refund you!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    Options
    vitg wrote: »
    NCP Ltd have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Good news :T

Proof once again that a BPA member was scamming you.
    HA ..... THEY CHICKENED OUT

At least you have been saved from the utter rubbish of BWLegal
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport