Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,413 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes we had to move all the furniture back again plus DD's. Total nightmare :(

Have just ordered a new TV from Argos, could've done without the expense but Mr SA watches TV in bed a lot. Thank you cat!

I've cancelled my day off work Thursday as no point if we can't get straight. Can't believe it will be another week. On the plus side Mr SA and DD are putting her room back together on Thursday and I won't have to get involved.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,474 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Blooming cats :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    They'll be from Primark or not at all :)

Now for the bad news - no carpets :( Fitter rang in sick :( They can do DD's room tomorrow but the rest will have to wait until next Wednesday. Beyond fed up :(

Plus the cat knocked the bedroom TV over last night and broke it :(

Plus our IT systems were down at work all day today, not just locally, it was national :( Everyone started clearing cupboards and drawers for something to do, filled the bins and upset the cleaner.

And Mr SA still asked me when I'm going to get him the bootee slippers.

I give up!

Oh no SA what a frustrating day :mad:. It never rains but it pours :(. Naughty cat :naughty:.

By the way, haven't you bought those bootee slippers yet? ;):rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh no to carpet fitters - it will all be lovely though once it's finished - hang n to that thought - at least Mr SA won't be marching muddy feet over it as he'll have his shiny new bootee slippers to wear.....

SA you really must have the patience of a saint:A:A:A
    January spends - £587.58
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Bad cat! Hope the cat was ok though?
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    The cat was fine redo.

DD's carpet is down and looks fab. Thank goodness I cancelled my day off work tomorrow as DD and Mr SA have got wardrobe and desk building on the agenda - for me work is by far the better option.

The new TV arrived today and is also fab. I thought I'd have to set it up but Mr SA plugged it in and it automatically set itself up. Made me realise how rubbish the old one was really, still could've done without the expense though. I got a £10 off next purchase voucher so this will go towards Mr SA's drill/screwdriver he wants for Christmas.

Went to the gym at lunchtime - so at least today went to the original plan - Sunday's week ahead plan wasn't one of my better predictions!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Best laid plans and all that so they say. Things sound like they are coming together but not in the way you imagined !

Is the cat now banished from the bedroom ! It was after all a catastrophe.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,474 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Wow, to the new TV :)

But never mind the gym, have you been bootee shopping:p :D :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    LOL Cumbria Lass :) Waste of time banishing the fur babies from anywhere, I'm too soft with them I know. I carefully place the cushions on the sofa and the dog jumps up and kicks them all off!
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Crossed posts Beanie - the bootee shopping is Friday :) He actually hasn't mentioned them today.

And right on cue the dog is now booting all the cushions off the sofa!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport