Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Think you deserve the wine :eek:
    Hope DD DID get out of her room for the plasterer.
    Enjoy your lunch tomorrow.

I think you should take five bottles of wine and lock yourself in the bedroom for the rest of the week without a phone! :D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    Oh SA! I do feel sometimes that your life is on occasion made harder than it needs to be by the people you live with!

Still, enjoy your afternoon - and have a wonderful weekend!
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    He makes me laugh...I am with you on the much needed glass of wine :)

Have a good day, especially your afternoon off SA x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hope you've had a good day. You deserve it Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a lovely catch up with my friends. They are people I used to work with now retired but we still meet up regularly - when you've seen someone every day for 13 years you can't just not see them ever again just because they've retired.

I finally bought my winter coat from M&S 20% off with Sparks card then got a lovely pair of boots from TK Maxx for £24.99. So that's all my carer's payment gone now. Really pleased with my purchases though.

Was going to have a coffee in town before heading home, wish I had, because when I got home the plasterer was still there and the house was a tip! Plus the plasterer said they couldn't find the dog! Luckily she was in the garden.

DD slept on the sofa in the living room last night and she will be again tonight as they've not quite finished her room. They'll be back tomorrow to finish it.

Plastering should be all finished Wednesday and the painter starts 8 November. Need to order another skip, paint and book in carpet people, plus order DD's mattress, wardrobe and drawers. That's a job for tomorrow.

Will be biting the bullet and going back to WW tomorrow. Got to be done. Hope not too bad.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,626 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you had a good afternoon.
    Glad you got the coat & boots :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sounds like a good days shopping SA and good that the plasterer has nearly finished, DD will be pleased :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    There's the painting to come next though :( Then the carpet before everything can go back. That's the worst of it done though. Dining room, spare room and our room left to be done but no more plastering this year, can't face it. Will have run out of money after this lot of jobs anyway. Anything else will have to be saved up for and done as and when.

To be honest, despite all the shouting, DD has been fine about it all. But then she's not paying for it. I think she knows she's onto a cushy number.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,626 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hate to say it but yes cushy number for DD indeed.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Back to WW this morning 5.5lbs over goal so had to pay as only allowed to go 5lbs over :( Determined to get back on it now and I don't plan to be paying next week. The plan is to track everything, have 3 AFD, 3 lunchtime gym sessions and go to WW every week until I'm back at goal. Mr SA had the cheek to moan about me going as it "ruins Saturday" - he's thinking about himself here not me. I enjoy going and chatting to the other members.

House is a tip. Plasterer changed his mind about coming today, glad to be honest. DD has set up camp in the living room and Mr SA is getting on my nerves hanging around in the kitchen. Thankfully DD is back at work tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure