Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    That’s so annoying - both events on same day! If you decide to go to the concert would it matter that much if Mr SA stayed behind? Nothing worse than than the tension of going somewhere with someone who really doesn’t want to be there! I’ve had that myself in the past - in the end I just used to go on my own - had a much better time!:D.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,365 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't know what to do at the moment SSG. I don't think the other grandma can go either because of work. DS said if I can't get they'll record it and send to me. As for Mr SA he can stay home if I go.

Checked DD's room :eek: She is a 13 year old boy trapped in the body of a 30 year old woman. Empty crisp packets and banana skins everywhere - and this is after she cleaned it up!!!!

I did what I could. Mr SA was most unhelpful as it was his siesta time. Very annoying he left it all to me while he laid in bed watching the Blaze channel :(

It was also left to me to take the dog out for her second walk while he watched Tipping Point.

I feel like I do everything. And it's just the same at work. :mad:

Obviously I have mug written on my forehead!

Anyway, another NSD clocked up today, cc stands at zero, and budgets are ok.

Not particularly looking forward to going back to work tomorrow but it's got to be done, how else am I going to pay for all these holidays :rotfl:
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Big hugs. Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry you feel taken for a mug.
    Not a nice feeling.At all.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    It's because I'm so independent and never ask for help. I also think if you want something doing properly do it yourself. I always think no one else will do the job as well as me at work and there are other people in our office who think that only I will do the job properly so I get put on a lot. Coincidentally I sit opposite someone at work who is exactly like me and we both love lists and notepads to the point of obsession. Perhaps I'm a control freak because she thinks she is. I wish I could let go a bit.

Although it's a good job I've got control of the budgets as if it was left to Mr SA we'd be up the creak without a paddle and living in a tent - and that's pre brain damage days!

Onwards and upwards :)
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope work hasnt been too bad today SA xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    Work was ok, super busy and likely to be so all week. At least the time flies.

Plasterer made a start on the hall. DD miffed because she wanted him to do her room first. She's driving me nuts to be honest moaning about how long it will take. She keeps appearing all over the house moaning, never seen her so often as I have the last couple of days, she usually keeps a low profile.

Walked to and from work today and did 30 minutes in work gym at lunchtime.

NSD 4/15 today :) AFD 1 too. Trying to abstain until Friday.

Hope everyone has had a good start to the week.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Honestly can't imagine what it must be like to have a whingey adult child still at home :eek:. Hope she doesn't drive you to drink and break your AFD :o Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Glad your day back at work was ok. I feel like I do everything around the house sometimes :mad:, although DH has been a bit better recently.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad first day back was ok.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure