Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh SA I do feel for you, Is it completely out of the question that you can’t have a little break on your own with some girlfriends? Let DD keep an eye on Mr SA? I know what you’re going to say though.....:(.

P.S. What is the Blaze channel that Mr SA likes so much? Is it one of those blokey ones with lots of programmes about sheds and things.....?:rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,531 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes it's a blokey channel SSG, mainly US programmes about pawn shops and removing critters from lofts. A girly break is definitely out of the question not just because Mr SA would protest but because I wouldn't have anyone to go with. I have friends I see for lunch and work friends but no close friends as such. The only friend who would lives in Australia and that's a bit of a trek for a short break!

The plasterer has refused to do DD's room unless it's cleared completely, so I've just had an ear bashing from DD about it.

I've decided to still go to the work meal not DGD's concert. Feel a bit rotten but I've already paid for the meal and was looking forward to it. Plus I've still got the dress I bought for last year's do with the tag on as I never got to go because of the broken ankle. We'll take her to see Santa at the local Christmas Fayre.

I've managed AFD 2 despite the stress :)

Not a NSD as had to pick up some bread, bananas and milk and ended up putting a cardigan and book in my basket too - so £19.45 spent in Mr S.

Thought today was going to be more expensive than it was as Mr SA had the dentist but he doesn't need to pay until the next appointment in 2 weeks, so a bit of a reprieve until payday.

Still using up stuff from the freezer but stocks are running very low on Mr SA's meat so might have to buy some this weekend.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Purplebonnie
    Options
    I have been catching up with your diary. You certainly have a lot on your plate, you should try and take time out for yourself. Personally I think you have made the right decision re GD's concert. You just can't be there for everyone all time, it's just not possible :)
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Emergency Fund Goal - £1000/£106.89
    Living Fund 1 Year - £2520/£640
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
    Regular Saving Fund £4800/£400
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Thanks purplebonnie. I always make sure I get some me time every day. I sit and read with a coffee when I first get in from work and always have a lovely long soak in the bath at night.

NSD 5/15 today plus AFD 3 :)

One of the friends I'm meeting Friday has pulled out and another one wanted to reschedule because of this but I made it clear I've booked the afternoon off so it's still on thankfully. I'm looking forward to it.

No plasterer today as he's finishing another job but he's back tomorrow.

Mr SA has now got a bee in his bonnet about starting up a funeral plan as he's worried I won't be able to afford one for him. Words fail me!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,662 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh SA, I'm sorry but Mr SA does make me laugh!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • armchairexpert
    Options
    Tell him he can contribute to it with his canvas shoe allowance.
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • beanielou
    Options
    Tell him he can contribute to it with his canvas shoe allowance.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl:

What are you lot like. :rotfl:

I've had several phone calls at work from Mr SA - one to tell me it was raining (as if I work in a cave or something!), one to tell me DD wouldn't get out of her room for the plasterer to start work, two calls to ask for the cc pin :eek: (thankfully in B&Q with the plasterer getting materials), another to remind me to draw out £180 cash for the plasterer, another to tell me he'd run out of beer and the final one to ask me if I'd left work and was it worth the plasterer waiting (no!).

So I've got a glass of wine tonight - I've finally cracked!
  • beanielou
    Options
    Think you deserve the wine :eek:
    Hope DD DID get out of her room for the plasterer.
    Enjoy your lunch tomorrow.

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    He must have you on speed dial SA :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:. What a lot of phone calls and all about such important stuff :D
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport