Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,536 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The skip arrived this morning and we more or less filled it in 30 minutes! Left enough room for DD's junk but will probably need another one after holiday. I don't know where all the rubbish comes from! Mr SA won't let me put a growbag of grass in there as he's saving it!!!!

In the process of tidying up the garden ready for winter so no painting today.

Packed my holiday toiletries, will need a few bits but will get them on Wednesday.

So today should be NSD 2/15 :) That will be it for a while though.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds like youve had a busy day SA, you can chill in a few days on hols :D

Hope Mr SA is feeling ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    Normally in bed at this time on a Monday. No work tomorrow so making the most of it. Flagging a bit though.

Mr SA a lot better, he's had scampi and chips tonight, although has been asleep all afternoon.

Got a small Mr M shop coming tomorrow, mainly food for DD and the fur babies.

Two days until holiday, 30 degrees there right now :)
  • Purplebonnie
    Options
    The next two days will be the longest waiting for your holiday! I am green with envy, the sunshine will be lovely. Enjoy your day off :)
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Emergency Fund Goal - £1000/£106.89
    Living Fund 1 Year - £2520/£640
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
    Regular Saving Fund £4800/£400
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    There's always a last minute stressful thing - this time it's the chemist not got Mr SA's meds ready, can find no trace of them!!!!! Asked when I ordered them - it's a repeat prescription, was ordered 4 years ago!!!! Trying to ring doctors to find out what's happened but I'm forever number 5 in the queue - grr :(

Mr SA wants to paint today, say no more :eek:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,677 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    No to painting :eek:
    Boo to missing repeat.
    Hope they sort it out.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Very helpful Dr's receptionist has put it through as urgent, got to ring back at 4pm.

Who knew I could paint :) Done a very good job if I do say so myself. And no splashes! Only part of a wall to do now then it's just the woodwork. Tempted to finish it tomorrow.

I keep a bottle of distilled water with a drop of zoflora in for ironing. I took a swig of it by mistake thought it was my water bottle :( Can't get the taste out of my mouth.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,677 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes for helpful receptionists.
    EEk to the wrong water bottle.
    Hope the taste goes away soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    At least Mr SA won't be able to paint while you're on holiday :D

Hope you get the meds sorted today, that kind of thing always seems to happen just before you go away :mad:!
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Rang the doctors and they sent the repeat to the chemists 26 September. So it's back to the chemist tomorrow. Time to change chemists methinks. It's not the first time this has happened.

Survived drinking the Zoflora water :)

Budgets:

Food £109.50/£250
    Other spends £76.81/£340.00

Mr M small shop today for pet food and stuff to see DD through the week. Bought a few bits in Iceland and some toiletries from Savers. Mr M delivery booked for day after we get back from holiday.

Will need to draw out some money for taxi, airport and plane spends. Also having manicure/pedicure/eyebrows done tomorrow so other spends budget will be seriously depleted. Got £140.50 left in food budget to last until end of the month which is doable.

Credit card £0 - cleared it again today.

Bank reward went in today so £3 straight to VSP now £646.94.

Feel like I'm more in control this month but then it's only the 3rd ....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure