We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hope you both feel better soon. You made me laugh about the painting.. :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sorry to hear about Mr SA being unwell and hope you don't catch it.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,690 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mr SA still in bed feeling rough but I'm ok. He's moaning about not being able to paint today but I think it's a blessing in disguise.

Should be NSD 1/15 today, no plans to go anywhere other than walk the dog.

So glad I made the decision to break up from work last Friday instead of Tuesday. Going to pack the holiday toiletries tomorrow then if I need to buy anything I can pick it up on Wednesday when I go to have my nails done. Hoping for a nice relaxing day today just pottering and reading my book.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,944 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you seem ok.
    Have a lovely pottering Sunday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh no to the sickness SA, really hope you don't get it. There's a lot of it going around where we live xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    Mr SA is talking about having roast pork for his dinner tonight so must be feeling better.

Just took the dog out again, we walked round the local streets, it's so quiet today, like a ghost town, hardly anyone about.

Made a list of everything in the freezer and a meal plan to take us up to holiday.

Mr SA's scooter has been booked to be delivered to the hotel Thursday afternoon.

Weather has been gloomy all day but mild and mostly dry.

And last but not least NSD 1/15 :)
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Just a quick update to say, after spending all day in bed watching F1 and the Blaze channel, Mr SA is up and drinking beer. So he can't be that bad!

No work tomorrow - happy days :j:beer::j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,944 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy days indeed :)

Is Mr SA's scooter a Mobility one or did you buy it?
    Apologies if I have asked this before.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Beanie it's on Motability. Didn't want to buy one outright as he doesn't look after it and it's forever going in for repair which is included in the scheme. For holidays he hires one in resort.

Mr SA still not 100%. He's feeling sorry for himself and announced "what's happening to me". Told him it's just a bug for goodness sake! To say how poorly he was 4 years ago, and how he miraculously recovered, he's such a wimp with little things like this. Man flu!!

Just watching the news and the awful shootings in Las Vegas :(
  • JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    I know, the news is horrible isn't it? Oh I'm sorry Mr SA is ill, although yes I think it probably is a blessing in disguise if it means no more paint on your coat!!
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business