Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sounds lovely SA, have a good time :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,417 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Quick update while the hotel wifi is working. Fab smooth flight all the way here, not one bump. Flight only 3.5 hours so we were here just in time to catch the hotel lunch. It's very hot, a bit too hot for Mr SA, it's still hot and sunny right now -.time is same as UK for those who've never been here.

We've been to this hotel before, I think this is our 4th time. It's cheap and cheerful, rooms and balconies are huge and it's in a fab location just minutes from the beach and main strip.

Mr SA has got his scooter and because we've rented one several times before from this company he gave us a discount.

Really feels like our second home here - love it :)

:j :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    All sounding great - and good result on the scooter discount! :j

Enjoy!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,365 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Saturday folks :)

Had a relaxing day yesterday apart from going from shop to shop looking for a hat for Mr SA. He brought one with him but decided he wanted a straw one. He now only needs a leather bracelet, a man bag and a leather necklace with a Buddha on it. He also had a lilo on his list but decided against it.

We sat round the hotel pool for a bit and Mr SA managed to get in the pool with the help of the lifeguard. After lunch Mr SA had his siesta and I sat on the balcony reading.

Today the plan is to go to the harbour where ther's a huge market on Saturdays then investigate the new cocktail bar that's opened at the shopping centre. There's a huge Zara here, everything much cheaper than the UK so will be worth a look.

Hope everyone is well :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    :eek: to Mr SA's shopping list. Reminds me of someone I know ....

Hope you match him item for item in Zara :p.

Have a fab day Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,417 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy the cocktails:).
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Happy Saturday folks :)

Had a relaxing day yesterday apart from going from shop to shop looking for a hat for Mr SA. He brought one with him but decided he wanted a straw one. He now only needs a leather bracelet, a man bag and a leather necklace with a Buddha on it. He also had a lilo on his list but decided against

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I love your holiday posts SA :D
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Bit slow you're already there :o But have an amazing time and make sure you get time to relax too x
  • Purplebonnie
    Options
    Sounds like you are having a fab time, so lovely to have a bit of warmth. Enjoy :)
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Emergency Fund Goal - £1000/£106.89
    Living Fund 1 Year - £2520/£640
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
    Regular Saving Fund £4800/£400
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,365 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Didn't buy anything from Zara, must have tried on 20 coats. They just don't look right with a sundress and flip flops. Plus it was so hot. Think I'll wait until I get home.

Neither did we have a cocktail. We ended up with a sangria and beer in a bar we like, then we had lunch there too. Really going all inclusive was a waste of money, there's just too many nice places to eat/drink here. Mr SA has spotted a real ale/burger restaurant. They brew their own ale.

Can't believe how well I'm sleeping, not waking up until 7am! Must be a combination of being outdoors all day and red wine :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport