Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,506 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thankfully he's been ok today, I think he realises how unreasonable he's being. He's had headache and two nosebleeds today so has had other things to think about.

Really busy day at work today. Only just managed to find time to fit in a quick run in the gym at lunchtime. Kept me away from the shops though so today has been a no spend day :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Sounds like you're really getting into your fitness SA, good for you! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    Wednesday already!

Yesterday Mr S order came £98 with £10 off voucher - high but this included a new steamer at £20 and £10 worth of candles. Did my Zumba class and got stung by a wasp on my arm - ouch.

Today I did circuits at lunchtime and spent £2.50 on wheelie bin clean, so very low spend day.

Mr SA rang me at work wanting me to meet him at lunchtime for a coffee. He never usually does this and he knows I'm really busy at work. Then it dawned on me - he knows I go to circuits Wednesday lunchtime - a method in his madness. Told him I was in a meeting which was true, it was meant to finish at 1pm but finished early so I still had time for circuits. When I got home he said he'd had a dizzy spell and fell but there was no sign of injury.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Blimey is all.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Not happy with DD today. Unknown to us we had a fault with Virgin signal and an engineer appeared out of the blue. He needed to get in DD's room, she was still in bed. She got up but Mr SA said her room was an absolute tip and he felt very embarrassed. She's 29 and I don't interfere with her room, it's up to her to keep it clean. I don't go in there as I know I'd get annoyed at her untidiness but if it's half as bad as Mr SA claims maybe it's time to start interfering.

Mr SA has bought me some flowers today - looks like he knows he's been a pain.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Difficult one re DD's room.
    I don't envy you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • stressed.mum
    Options
    I know how you feel with adult children living at home! I refuse to enter any of mines room and leave them to live in their own mess.
    Xxx
    Hoping to stick to the challenge this year!!
    Make £5 a day for 366 started Dec 2019
    YTD £ £ 78.23/£1£1,825
    Cash - £ 48.23 Vouchers - £ 30

Wombling into 2020 £38.78
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    I've negotiated with DD and she has agreed to clear out her room. I said we would help her with decorating and a new carpet when we get back from holiday. We need to do our bedroom up so might as well kill two birds with one stone. To be honest I wish she'd move out but that's not going to happen for the foreseeable future - she's skint and single. When I was a little girl we lived next door to an widowed elderly lady and her middle aged daughter, I have this fear that's how we'll end up.

Today I've cleaned, decluttered and moved furniture around despite Mr SA wanting to go to town. He's on the pester for yet another pair of canvas shoes. Doubt he'll get any this time of year.

Yesterday I had a lovely lunch with retired work friends then headed to M&S with my £100 gift card and 20% off on my Sparks card. Got some gorgeous jeans and a pack of two sports bras. Still have £36 left on the card.

Mr SA is talking about applying for his driving licence back and getting a car - big sigh! He's under the impression he'll be going back to roofing next year. (Bangs head against brick wall). :(

Got soaked walking to work yesterday, it poured with rain until 3pm. Today has been cold and gloomy. What a miserable two days.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Onwards and upwards in the SA household - well done.

Is Mr SA a bit depressed? Thinking of his presuming he can drive again, go back to work and you being (rightly) working on feeling good may be playing on his mind. Feeling vulnerable if you like.

Not sure what you can do? Maybe focus on the holibobs? 2 weeks to go?? :j
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    11 days Brizzle :) I think you've hit the nail on the head re the other stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure