Options
    Happy Holidays SA!!!!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope all going well & it is hot!!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Are you back home now SA? xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,376 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello all - we got back last night. We had a lovely time, weather 30 degrees and sunny all week, slight glitch Tuesday morning when it was spitting with rain a bit but still hot and the sun came out in the afternoon. We didn't make the most of the all inclusive, we ate out nearly every night and only had about 3 drinks, but the hotel was great, huge apartment with self catering facilities, the staff were great and so helpful with Mr SA. Also Jet2 were brilliant helping him boarding the aircraft at both airports, even swapping our seats to medical ones on the return flight. Came back with nearly €100 as everything is so cheap. Bought loads of stuff and could've spent more to be honest, everything is so cheap in the shops. Will probably roll over the euros to the next holiday rather than cash in. Aiming for Mr SA's birthday next April all being well and finances permitting. Depends on how much re-mortgage will be. Must crack on with this, house is desperate. I know I shouldn't really spend on holidays when house needs doing but ....

I would honestly move to Lanzarote if I could I absolutely love it and feel so at home there.

Back down to earth with a bump - got to fill in Mr SA's ESA re-application, form looks pretty straightforward and don't really foresee any problems. We've got plenty of medical evidence and if they decided to interview him it would be evident he can't work - sadly as he would love to.

Dog and cat survived being looked after by DD and no foxes in the house or blown up ovens this time. They are both very pleased to see me.

Spent most of today cleaning up, washing and unpacking. Mr SA didn't get up until 11am and has been wiped out all day. During the night he got up to go to the loo and I don't know what happened but I guess he didn't make it in time and I had quite a bit of cleaning up to do in the bathroom and on the hall carpet this morning - not great :(

Sorted finances today and we'll survive until next payday if we're careful. Got my new work contract through for my TUPE transfer only 3 weeks to go and I'll be official :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi SA

I'm so pleased you had a wonderful holiday and that things were easier for you in looking after Mr SA - I'm sure your time away did you both a world of good.

Great that you managed to keep your holiday spends down (unlike me!) .:D

Won't be long now till your new contract!

P.S Glad to hear pets are all ok and gave you a good welcome home!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you had a fab time.
    only 3 weeks to go~~excellent :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Glad you had a fab holiday, sorry about the ESA forms and toilet accident though.

Yay to no foxes or oven catastrophes :D Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good to have you 'back' and so glad you had a great hols xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,376 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello all, been busy all weekend, yesterday DS and family came round for a few hours and today we took the dog to a park about 30 minutes walk away and were out a couple of hours, followed by Aldi shop. Mr SA has been asleep since lunchtime and has declared he doesn't want to go on holiday again as they make him too tired. He did nothing all week!!! I was the one walking miles after his scooter.

Have filled in the ESA form, just got to read through it again and photocopy the medical evidence. If in doubt, a good portion of the people I work with are ex-DWP, so I could ask one of them. It was one of them who told me 3 years ago that Mr SA was eligible for ESA as I didn't think he'd be entitled to it with him being self-employed.

VSP now stands at £673.14 although I have to take some money out of it for the wine advent calendar I bought myself yesterday.

Have made a huge batch of vegetable stew for my work lunches next week. Got to get back on the WW waggon from tomorrow onwards and will be going back to the gym tomorrow too.

Boo - back to work tomorrow :(
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening SA,

Sounds like you had a lovely holiday. Ive not been to Lanzarote, might check it out one day.

I did laugh at Mr SA announcing he doesnt want to go on holiday again... I bet he hasnt been dealing with washing mountain either!!!

Glad DD and the animals survived without you :D xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family