Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• aandrea
    aandrea Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope Mr SA doesn't have to wait to long for his appointment. I've been waiting 9 months so far, for what should be a 6 month review. Not only was interview bad, bloke didn't shake hands to introduce himself, place was freezing cold, he even done interview in the lobby. When his phone nag during it., he just picked it up ignoring me. My arthritis wouldn't cope in there.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,358 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello all! Thank goodness it's the weekend, can't believe how fast time is flying at the moment. Latest news is we're not taking DS and his OH out for her birthday lunch as her parents are taking them instead. They're coming to see us tomorrow now. Mr SA and carer went to new TK Maxx opened near us and Mr SA bought himself yet another coat!!!! He said he's proud of himself for making the decision to buy it by himself (hmm).

Payday next week - the first one with no debt repayments :) However I will be buying a new TV before ours conks out for good plus really need to start saving something towards a holiday for Mr SA's 50th in April. The plan is to go on 23 April and to book it at the end of March. At one time we would've just booked it and bunged it on the credit card. Not any more - holidays are only booked when we've got the money (and when I'm sure Mr SA is fit to travel).

Weighed myself today and have lost nothing :( At least I know how to maintain if nothing else!

If anyone is wondering how I'm doing on the saving my coffee money for perfume front - not counted it but there looks to be at least £20 in my box!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Sunday afternoon already and a thoroughly miserable day in my neck of the woods :( We ended up in town today thanks to letting Mr SA sort out the DS OH birthday arrangements. I'm sure he engineered it all so he could get his coffee shop fix and lunch out. We all met up in Fat Cats - I don't know if anyone else has one of these in their town centre but everything is half price on Sunday even the drinks. DS and his OH were dining out later so only wanted a drink. The weather was lovely when we set off so didn't take a brolly and we got soaked on the way home. Mr SA really struggled and didn't make it back home on time to go to the toilet and has had another accident. Wish I knew what was causing this. It seems to happen when he has to make an effort eg walking a bit faster because of the rain. He's sleeping now as he's exhausted and we haven't really done much.

Need to square off credit card this afternoon, meal plan and make my soup for work lunches. Spicy carrot and lentil this week I think.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Oh and haven't had any NSDs this week and just 2 AFDs. And I didn't win the lottery :(
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Monday again! Where does the weekend go? Starting the week as I mean to go on and today is AFD 8/12. Got a new notebook and I'm tracking my food points, only 8 weeks to go before holiday (all being well) so need to get a move on weight loss wise. Will leave booking it until March payday just to make sure Mr SA is well plus need to save up.

Mr SA feeling unwell today, he'd been sick with upset tummy this morning but he's settled at the moment just exhausted. It's never ending.
  • Southern-Girl
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Starting the week as I mean to go on and today is AFD 8/12.

SA - What is an AFD? I know a NSD is a No Spend Day but have never heard of a AFD...........:rotfl:
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    AFD is (I think) Alcohol Free Day.. None of those in my neck of the woods :eek: but probably should be..
    I've been reading for ages, so de -lurking to post. Inspirational diary, thank you :)
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Just catching up with you SA after being MIA. Sorry to hear about Mr SA's accident on Sunday, and interesting that you have possibly identified stress (ie hurrying etc) as a factor. My DH definitely gets worse with stress.

Well done on the alcohol free days. I think you do brilliantly Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Hello all and thanks :) AFD is alcohol free day. I used to think NSD was a non smoking day!

Well today should've been AFD 9/12 but at a colleague's retirement do this lunchtime I was asked would I prefer a glass of juice or Prosecco. No contest! Only had half a glass though. But it's not all bad as it's another NSD - 6/8 now.

Mr SA's wheelchair went back today. His mobility has been rubbish today and he's thinking about a mobility scooter again.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    How is Mr SA today?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure