Nationwide Flex Direct Plus.

Options

Comments

• innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    adamc260 wrote: »
    The phone insurance is provided by lifestyle group who do it for pretty much all bank account insurance products...so your experience would be the same wherever you go.

Except if I go to a proper insurance company.

You are right, the lifestyle service is most likely the same for all banks. And it's pretty bad for FlexPlus customers since, for starters, they answer the "exclusive" Nationwide phone number (01793 541 200) with "Halifax".
  • Toe-Jam
    Toe-Jam Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    According to their charges, you still pay 2% on foreign transactions, so its hardly commission free as advertised.

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/pdf/btp/P7430_RatesAndCharges.pdf

Its only the £1 per transaction that you don't get charged.
  • reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Options
    Toe-Jam wrote: »
    According to their charges, you still pay 2% on foreign transactions, so its hardly commission free as advertised.

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/pdf/btp/P7430_RatesAndCharges.pdf

Its only the £1 per transaction that you don't get charged.

The withdrawals are free, there is no fees on withdrawals at all, no commission etc. Just on purchases.
  • adamc260
    adamc260 Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    Options
    innovate wrote: »
    Except if I go to a proper insurance company.

You are right, the lifestyle service is most likely the same for all banks. And it's pretty bad for FlexPlus customers since, for starters, they answer the "exclusive" Nationwide phone number (01793 541 200) with "Halifax".

Oh I agree that is bad but they're not the first company to do it and they won't be the last, that is just down to bad training on the companies part.

You'll find that only bank mobile phone insurance is Defaqto 5*,no 'dedicated' providers is above 4*.
  • Gizmo247
    Gizmo247 Posts: 492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    The withdrawals are free, there is no fees on withdrawals at all, no commission etc. Just on purchases.

I hadn't noticed this but I'm not surprised as they want you to take their Select Credit Card too.
    MFiT-T3 #149: {Q4/14} (£46,447)-->(£0) ~ +£46,447=100%
    Mortgage Free: 1st October 2014 :j
  • saverrr
    saverrr Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 14 March 2013 at 12:37AM
    Options
    It would be interesting to know what moneysavingexpert think about it. They didn't review this account so far. I recently upgraded to FlexPlus but not very satisfied with customer services. Not very knowledgeable, communication skills are not the best i must admit.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    saverrr wrote: »
    It would be interesting to know what moneysavingexpert think about it. They didn't review this account so far. I recently upgraded to FlexPlus but not very satisfied with customer services. Not very knowledgeable, communication skills are not the best i must admit.

It is impossible that you already have a FlexPlus if you upgraded. The earliest the upgrades are taking place is this coming weekend.

Customer Services are the same people you had when you had your FlexAccount. What are the problems you encountered?
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    innovate wrote: »
    It is impossible that you already have a FlexPlus if you upgraded. The earliest the upgrades are taking place is this coming weekend.

Customer Services are the same people you had when you had your FlexAccount. What are the problems you encountered?

I've already been upgraded to Flex plus and also received my very smart looking silver folder welcome pack or have I read your post completely wrong.
  • Andyt1981
    Andyt1981 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    I've already been upgraded to Flex plus and also received my very smart looking silver folder welcome pack or have I read your post completely wrong.

I'm upgraded too: welcome pack and bank card arrived yesterday.
  • Gizmo247
    Gizmo247 Posts: 492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    How can you tell you have been upgraded? What change do you see in the online banking?
    MFiT-T3 #149: {Q4/14} (£46,447)-->(£0) ~ +£46,447=100%
    Mortgage Free: 1st October 2014 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family