Nationwide Flex Direct Plus.

Options

Comments

• robot1000
    robot1000 Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is there a minimum term with this Nationwide account?

I ask, as I'll be going abroad in a few months time and it may be worthwhile to sign up for this account, to make use of the insurance and ATM withdrawals, and then cancel the account upon my return.
  • reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Options
    What is Nationwide's faster payments service like? Is it instant like most of the banks or much slower like N&P or Metro bank.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    What is Nationwide's faster payments service like? Is it instant like most of the banks or much slower like N&P or Metro bank.

Instant...
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    Just flicked through the Flex Plus and on its breakdown they use a company called Britannia Rescue is this a real rescue team or is it some self employed retired person who turns up when he likes.
  • BugsyBrowne
    Options
    My new flex plus account welcome pack arrived this morning with a very proffesional looking grey folder just waiting on the debit card.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    Just flicked through the Flex Plus and on its breakdown they use a company called Britannia Rescue is this a real rescue team or is it some self employed retired person who turns up when he likes.

Haha, they are a genuine breakdown company, see their website here.

Which? recommended them last August, as the top breakdown cover provider.
  • BugsyBrowne
    Options
    rb10 wrote: »
    Haha, they are a genuine breakdown company, see their website here.

Which? recommended them last August, as the top breakdown cover provider.

Lol I thought it was a wind up or Nationwide had made a mistake.
  • Gizmo247
    Gizmo247 Posts: 492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I just re-read the upgrade confirmation from my Flex Account to a FlexPlus and although I knew they were re-issuing Debit cards, I did not realize it was chequebooks too.

Looks like Nationwide are taking the branding of the FlexPlus very seriously which seems the total opposite to Santander with the 123 account where I was expecting the 123 branding to at least appear on the Debit card. Had to write 123 on the white part of the card to distinguish it from my Zero card which also has no branding.
    MFiT-T3 #149: {Q4/14} (£46,447)-->(£0) ~ +£46,447=100%
    Mortgage Free: 1st October 2014 :j
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Trying to register my cards. Minor nightmare, major shambles. Apparently this cannot be done online. So I called and the chap answered the phone with "Halifax" - something. I.e. the company Nationwide use also provide services to Halifax.

Although Nationwide have written to me that all the insurances are now active, this company has no record of me. Been on hold forever, and was then told this was a new product and they weren't familiar with the process.

Am now left with zero confidence that these guys would ever stop my cards even if they had managed to record my card numbers properly.

Terrible service - if you plan to use it, have a backup service/arrangement in place as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure