Dla & pip

I thought this link might be helpful for some of you. You input your date of birth, etc, and it will tell you when you will be reassessed for PIP.

https://www.gov.uk/pip-checker

Comments

• Now that is most interesting. My DLA award ends in Feb 2015 and so far as I know the system generates a renewal 20 weeks prior to that, so I assumed that I'd get a PIP application at this point instead of a DLA renewal. However, that link states they will not contact me until 2015 - so who is right the rules as I know them or that link?
  • I got an indefinate award of DLA, and when I did this checker, it says I wont be contacted until after 2015!!
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I got an indefinate award of DLA, and when I did this checker, it says I wont be contacted until after 2015!!
    but if you report a change of circumstances, you will be trabsitioned to PIP instead
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mine says the same. Won't be contacted till 2015
  • nannytone wrote: »
    but if you report a change of circumstances, you will be trabsitioned to PIP instead

my health has got worse since i was last assessed!!
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite

Consider carefully making a report of your changed circumstances before PIP comes in.
  • HB58
    HB58 Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Now that is most interesting. My DLA award ends in Feb 2015 and so far as I know the system generates a renewal 20 weeks prior to that, so I assumed that I'd get a PIP application at this point instead of a DLA renewal. However, that link states they will not contact me until 2015 - so who is right the rules as I know them or that link?

When I did it, it said

"You shouldn’t be affected by Personal Independence Payment (PIP) until 2015, but there are some exceptions.

You’ll be asked to make a claim for PIP if after October 2013 your:
    • health condition or disability changes
    • Disability Living Allowance award is due to end and you haven’t received a renewal letter"
    (My bolding)
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    then ask for a supersession before october and it will be DLA and not PIP
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    It says I won't be affected until 2015, however, my award is due for renewal towards the end of 2014 so I assume I will just make a claim for pip then :)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • Great Link Zigazee = thanks for posting it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure