Options

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 March 2019 at 10:43PM
    Options
    Hi garlieston,

You are spot on, the delay was due to problems with the previous flight and re scheduling it's passengers onto your flight. That is operational and not an EC.

The fact that your incoming flight to Man landed disproves their reasoning.

Refer your claim to AviationADR if your claim is over 6 weeks old or they give you a 'final' decision. There is no point in arguing with them if they have made up their minds.

The ADR company should rightly find in your favour.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Isn't it 8 weeks?
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You could be right, hopefully the op will look at their rules before referral.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    it is 8 weeks.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    8 weeks or a deadlock letter
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Disappointed37
    Options
    Have you asked them?

Yes I was in contact with the same Customer Service person from SAS & all he did was show me what he imputed at his end showing what was in the confirmed email, but not why I received 7GBP less into my bank account.

I can't seem to find a higher person to explain why the deduction happened & why I am the one paying for it.
  • Disappointed37
    Options
    jpsartre wrote: »
    They're not and they don't IME. I've claimed EU compensation from SAS more times than from any other airline and they're always paid up without hassles.

I have tried asking the Customer Service person who contacted me with the confirmation email; he showed me what happened when he inputted the sum but, not what happened before it was transferred to the UK Bank account.

Do you know who I can contact at SAS who would know why there has been a deduction? I found a general customer service email but it generated a automatic response saying they didn't reply to that address.
  • nnghks
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I have booked a Turkish Airlines flight flying from London Heathrow (LHR) to Hong Kong (HKG) which stops over Istanbul (IST). The flight departs on 4th April but I was notified by my travel agent (STA travel US) that the flight was cancelled. To my best knowledge, the flight is covered by EU law because the flight departs from a UK airport. I also understand that according to EU regulations I will not be compensated for the cancellation because the flight was cancelled more than 14 days before departure.
    I was offered to depart on the 3rd April. The problem is that I have an important examination on 3rd April and I need to attend my best friend's wedding on 6th April. That means I can only depart from UK on 4th April so that I can arrive at Hong Kong on 5th April.
    I read from CAA's website that I might be able to be booked onto an alternative airline. It quotes as follows:
    "Although most airlines will book you onto another of their flights to the same destination, if an alternative airline is flying there significantly sooner then you may have the right to be booked onto that flight instead. You can discuss this with your airline"
    So should I contact the airline directly and ask them to reroute my flight to another airline? I already spoke to the travel agent (STA travel US) but they are not helpful at all.
    Look forward to your tips and suggestions. Thank you.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    would the 1820 departure on the 3rd work? arrive in Hong Kong 1705 on the 4th
    Have they offered you a full refund as alternative?
    If you want to try and get moved onto another airline you will need to ask STA to ask Turkish Airlines...it will be TK that will decide what can and cannot be done regards reroute
  • nnghks
    Options
    Thank you for Caz3121's reply. Sadly my examination ends at 5PM so it's not possible for me to catch the 1820 flight on 3rd. I asked the agent about the full refund, but the refund they said (180 USD) was significantly below what I have paid (320 USD). Still asking STA travel and Turkish Airlines for the process of refund...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback