IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket - Company Efpn ?!?!?!

Options
Does anyone know of or have any information on a Parking Ticket compan EFPN, based in Woking, Surrey. As i cannot find any information through search engines, even the post code on the return slip isnt a registered post code with Royal Mail.
I dont really wanna send my money if they are not registered with the BPA, or cannot find any info ??

Any info or advice would be great ???

Comments

• midisam
    Options
    Hello,
    i was just searching the web for EFPN too... as i have just received a £60 parking chargre for parking in a pub carpark next to a park. i went into the park first for an hour, when i returned to my car i found the penalty notice (which looks like a photocopy, not official looking like a council one) and only then did i notice signs up in the carpark regarding unaurthorised parking. i went into the pub and asked to speak to somebody about it and a young lad (presumably 18yrs or older, with hoody and gold chains) told me i had been seen on cctv parking and not entering the pub, therefor i had not make proper use of the car park and the chsrge applied. if i had a problem i should write to the address on the penalty notice... which is in Woking.
    when i looked on the web for EFPN i only found MET parking, no reference to EFPN and the link to making a payment gave a different PO Box address to send it to...
    I too am dubious about sending £60.
    Has anybody got any information please?
    thanks
    midisam
  • Gav79_2
    Options
    I have also just recieved one of these micky mouse parking tickets for £60. Did the last 2 people on this thread pay there fine or take there chances with going to court. Please reply ASAP as apparenly i only have 14 days to pay!

Many thanks

Gavin
  • ratty630
    ratty630 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Whenever anyone gets a parking ticket from an unknown or possibly Bogus company, I always reccomend contacting the police for that area.

If the company cannot be found by you in a reasonable search it may be a scam, in which case police involvment is a good thing.

If it is a kosher company and you do get summons, you then have a reasonable arguement in court for the delay in payment and the involvment of the local police will back this up.
  • Conor_3
    Conor_3 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    midisam wrote: »
    Hello,
    i was just searching the web for EFPN too... as i have just received a £60 parking chargre for parking in a pub carpark next to a park. i went into the park first for an hour, when i returned to my car i found the penalty notice (which looks like a photocopy, not official looking like a council one) and only then did i notice signs up in the carpark regarding unaurthorised parking. i went into the pub and asked to speak to somebody about it and a young lad (presumably 18yrs or older, with hoody and gold chains) told me i had been seen on cctv parking and not entering the pub, therefor i had not make proper use of the car park and the chsrge applied. if i had a problem i should write to the address on the penalty notice... which is in Woking.
    when i looked on the web for EFPN i only found MET parking, no reference to EFPN and the link to making a payment gave a different PO Box address to send it to...
    I too am dubious about sending £60.
    Has anybody got any information please?
    thanks
    midisam

Yes.

What makes you think you have the right to park on someones private property like you did?

I take it you went into the pub to see if you could get off the fine?

I guess you'll have no problem with me parking on your driveway?
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    EFPN is on the DVLA list - http://www.spy.org.uk/spyblog/2005/11/dvla_database_details_sold_to.html

Pay up and park more sensibly next time.
  • midisam
    Options
    if you read my message properly you would see that i had not seen, and therefore not read the notices restricting parking (and therefore in the eyes of the law had not entered into an agreement/contract)... and i did have the intention of going into the pub afterwards to eat, however when i received the notice i changed my mind and now will never go into that pub again... and will recommend that my friends or colleagues do not either.
    I have land next to my house which is owned by myself (well belongs to the title deeds of my property, which i will have paid off by 42) but is also a public throughfare and so actually people do park on my property regularly, and i do not make attempts to stop them. people park and use the local businesses and metrolink transport system. I feel this is better than these people driving, therefore i support eco-friendly transport.
    i am not a selfish and self-rightous individual.
    thankyou for your reply
    Conor wrote: »
    Yes.

What makes you think you have the right to park on someones private property like you did?

I take it you went into the pub to see if you could get off the fine?

I guess you'll have no problem with me parking on your driveway?
  • vimz
    vimz Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Ive got a friend who has the same sort of ticket, with ESPN, have done research on them. Not convinced there kosher.

Has anyone had any positive outcomes since the initial tickets?
  • emg
    emg Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    it's probably not enforceable, try the peppipoo forums for some great advice

http://www.pepipoo.com/
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's loads of advice I've seen saying that these are invoices and not fines. Do some searching on it.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=24045&st=0&p=215307&#entry215307
    Happy chappy
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://www.legalbanter.co.uk/uk-legal-legal-issues-uk/20527-parking-ticket-pub-car-park.html
    Different PO box address:
    The ticket asks for £60 to be sent to EFPN, Po Box 8,
    Sunbury-on-Thames, TW16 6WX.
    These schemes are
    run by a couple of companies who issue blank tickets to landowners
    and claim that by parking you have established an enforceable
    contract by agreeing to the conditions displayed at the entrance.
    The landowner sends the details to the company who get the details
    from DVLA and write an official looking letter and threaten a court
    case for non payment.
    You can get the owner's name for the PO box by asking the RM.
    I would have no hesitation in lying to these thieves, they operate their scam in exactly the same way, by telling lies, using documentation that looks very much like official (and legal !) paperwork, using fake solicitors letters, sending out paperwork that APPEARS to have come from a court of law when in fact it has not making threats that they know full well will never be enforcible in a court of law. They are banking on the fact that many people will be intimidated by their empty threats and simply pay up, happily more and more people are getting wise about these scumbag companies and thew word is spreading on how to deal with these liars

I will repeat my challenge to ANY of these private parking companies to come onto this site and explain on what LEGAL basis they think they can harass people for the parking invoices they fix to our windscreens or send out in the post, your interpretation of contract law, disclosure of driver details,and lawful debt recovery methods would make interesting discussion points
    http://forums.pepipoo.com/lofiversion/index.php/t21693.html
    Happy chappy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family