Spending Challenge for May!

Options
This is a follow up thread to Cheletastic's thead for last month! Hope all the people who started last month joins in this one too :)
Nicola x
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We have £100 total in the grocery/spending budget for May. That works out at £3.22 a day for a family of 5!

I def need the challenge!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome, hypno06 and good luck! Seems like a strict budget, but we're all here to help each other along :)
    Nicola x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
  • SarahNeedle1872
    SarahNeedle1872 Posts: 6,166 Forumite
    Options
    We're on a real squeeze this month, approx £160 left for food/other spends once bills have been paid, so I'm definately up for the challenge!
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
  • GirlRacer_2
    GirlRacer_2 Posts: 3,026 Forumite
    Options
    What is it about this month, I'm also struggling! Was supposed to be going out on Thursday night buit cancelled it due to lack of funds (in the old days would have just gone and thought - stuff it). I'm going to try and limit myself to £50 per week throughout May.
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    Well, the more people the better! Basically, the thread for last month started before the unnecessary challenge set up for CAFCGirl, but this one is a month to month basis, and is to keep check on all those little spends that add up! Cheletastic (the original starter of the thread) added up how much she saved in the month, and it was quite a lot in the end :)
    Nicola x
  • babes21
    babes21 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya, i'd like to join in too please.

I'll allow myself £80 a week, but that includes travel, lunch, going out etc. So that's £320 for the month.
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    welcome, babes21! good luck :)
    nicola x
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have started the month well. Spent £3.00 on fruit and cheese sauce today, so within our meagre budget! £97.00 now available until the end of the month :eek:

Hope everyone else has had a good day too.
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • babes21
    babes21 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    Options
    welcome, babes21! good luck :)
    nicola x

Thanks nicola x
  • chunky79
    chunky79 Posts: 732 Forumite
    Options
    What a good idea.:T

:hello:

I have started off well too, a NSD for me and as we are only on the 1st of the month i don't think i have done too bad.:o Although gas man here now for burst pipe and said they may charge me so it may change within the next hour.

I have to say since joining MSE i have watched every penny slipped at times but think more now than i ever have. Do i really need that? :rotfl:
    You can touch the dust but please don't write in it !

Would you like to speak to the man in charge, or the woman who knows whats happening?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure