Add your feedback on energy supplier iSupply

Options

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My current fixed term tariff is rapidly coming to and end with iSupply. This is actually the second year in a row I've been with them, and after an aborted effort to switch to EE for a change, elected to stay with iSupply.

But it looks like they have their own problems too, now :(

When I consult a comparison site, iSupply are for me second only to Extra Energy on their latest iFix201705 tariff.

In fact I've just got my quarterly statement and it too says I'd be better off on their iFix201705 tariff

When I check my online account, there is a nice renewal offer waiting for me based on the iFix201705 tariff. :)
    In fact, reading the small print, it even says for me
    This is a continuation of your current 12 month fixed term contract and prices will remain fixed for a further 12 months.

Termination of a contract during this 12 month fixed period will incur an early termination charge of £0.00.
    But when I attempt to apply for this tariff, it reverts me to a more expensive iFix201704 tariff, and there is also a £30 early exit fee.

So I contacted iSupply, who have responded within 24 hours apologising for their 'system error'
    They seem to suggest they cannot correct it :(
    But they have agreed to honour the iFix201705 tariff for me

BUT

(a) an early exit fee will apply
    and
    (b) because they cannot update their system, I will initially be charged based on their expensive iVariable rate. Then every quarter they will include on my statement a 'correction' that they will need to manually calculate so that I only end up paying the amount I would pay if I was on their iFix201705 tariff.

Who knows what that scenario will produce in terms of my monthly DD amount :huh:

I've even simply attempted to apply via their website, but it seems the minimum usage they will accept for an online application (for my E7 tariff) is 2751kWh per year, and we don't use any where near that amount. If I used that amount, it would of course hugely inflate my monthly DD payment.

I really couldn't make this up.
    Is there no electricity supplier who can offer good service and cheap rates for lowish users?

Otherwise I'll have to wait patiently for Zog to start selling electricity :cool:
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 April 2016 at 12:43PM
    Options
    Anyone else receive a message that their account has been incorrectly billed this last quarter?

They've messaged me saying so, and that they apologise for their systems error which they are working hard to resolve, and that they will contact me again when a correction has been issued.

BUT ... I've checked the last bill carefully (as I always do) and I don't see any error. Anyone know what the error is about? :huh:

(Or perhaps this is a confused reply to a msg I sent them recently - if so it doesn't actually address my query to them at all. That's the problem with their crappy messaging system, you can't tell if a msg is a reply to another, or a brand new topic :cool: )

Edit: I may have found the error. It doesn't relate to the figures (i.e cost), but possibly to the description of my current tariff.

it says:
    Fixed Term Ends On : Your tariff does not have a fixed term.
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 April 2016 at 1:59PM
    Options
    Just looked at my online account again.

They have reverted my online account to the credit/debit position it was in at end of Dec 2015.

What's more they have removed all trace of every statement they have ever sent me! :eek:
    (2 years worth!)

Date of last statement: No statements have been issued
    Good job I routinely keep copies of everything companies post on these online accounts they like to feel they have control over; that includes all bills/statements, and all messages sent/received in case they wipe them too. (messages are still there, but for how long I wonder?)
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well I've got an answer to what they think they will be doing to my DD - increasing it my about 30% :mad:
    (I've told them what I think of that suggestion, even though there was no option given by them to reply)

They've sent me a message saying they are putting me on their expensive, variable rate tariff.

They said I can still switch to a lower priced tariff if I want, but have to do this via my online account.
    When I try to do that I'm now given the following message
    Couldn't find any electricity tariffs to display, please try again or contact our customer support team.
    :cool:
  • okigen
    okigen Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,

Having trouble with them as well. They sent me random emails talking about bills and email address but when I log in the website there is no bill. A few days ago there was an option to choose the fixed rate from 1/5/16, but that option is no longer available. When calling their customer service they said the earliest change date is now 31/5!

They also now insist on using their estimated usage to determine DD monthly payment, rather than let me state the consumption myself. ISupply is still the cheapest one around but considering this I'm not sure whether to stay with them or not.
  • okigen
    edited 19 April 2016 at 9:29PM
    Options
    Hi,

A few posts above mentioned issues with refunds. Just wondering whether you guys managed to get it back eventually? As they insist on using their own estimate with a higher DD amount, I'm sure I will end up with credits. There is no use in savings if the refunds are not returned :(
  • webbit
    webbit Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i have been with these for 2 years never had a problem, until recently, i lost hours at work so i contacted gas water and lecy to reduce DD by £5 a month on each, they all agreed except ISUPPLYENERGY. There is a £30 fee to cancel which to me is dead money so i will stay< but come the end of my contract i am out
  • okigen
    Options
    Hi guys,

Could someone please tell me where is their billing section? I keep receiving emails saying that the bill has been corrected, but there is no bill on their system. It also keeps telling me there is new message but there is none!
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Okigen wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Could someone please tell me where is their billing section? I keep receiving emails saying that the bill has been corrected, but there is no bill on their system. It also keeps telling me there is new message but there is none!

You need to log into your online account.

Messages are the 4th item down on LHS menu > click on that and you will enter the online messaging system
    (Note there at 3 tabs, inbox, sent, and archived meassages - any unread message may be under any tab.)

For bills, you need to scroll down to active accounts on the initial page (or click the top line of the LHS menu to get back there), and then click 'manage account'
    'Statements and usage' is then the middle tab

:)
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Okigen wrote: »

They also now insist on using their estimated usage to determine DD monthly payment, rather than let me state the consumption myself.....

If this is a renewal offer you are talking about, you can revise the usage (probably within reason) if you press 'enter new fixed rate contract' as once there, you have a button 'Make Adjustments'

:)

Otherwise to avoid erroneous estimated readings, provide regular meter readings yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure