Forum Home» Energy

Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback - Page 82

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

edited 11 September 2017 at 12:59PM in Energy
1.8K replies 263.5K views

Replies

• moleratmolerat Forumite
    24K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malc,

I'm in exactly the same situation as molerat and others but something's not right with your reply above.

You are the losing supplier in this instance and no doubt EON immediately does the necessary checks by computer to see if has any reasonable grounds for objecting to the switch so why hasn't the "Sorry You're Leaving" email been sent out immediately these cursory checks are completed?

Crucially it's the only part of the switching process which confirms to the customer that the new supplier has been in touch with the existing supplier and the switch is proceeding.

Just a minor point but as far as I can see once those cursory checks to see if you have grounds to object to the switch have been completed the "Sorry You're Leaving" email should be sent out immediately. It's totally irrelevant whether the new supplier has signed up to faster switching or not as it makes absolutely no difference.......or am I missing something?
    Not received anything on line, e-mails or account notifications, but received a letter on Friday 27th, changed over Monday 30th.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_MalcFormer_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stageshoot wrote: »
    Switched from Eon to RobinHood on 7th Jan

RobinHood were great all set up easily and quickly.

Eon are a pain, keep telling me they are still Supplying Gas and only Electric was switched to RobinHood,

RobinHood have confirmed on supply with them for Both.

Had to stop DD with Eon as over £150 in Credit, Now Eon are writing saying as DD cancelled they have changed my gas to a more expensive standard rate.

Tried phoning Eon again today, 1 hour on hold no joy getting through.

Eon were great when a customer but cant seem to handle this basic switch.

Going to leave it now in their court, Am paying RH and have proof so if Eon want to take it further they can

Hello Stageshoot and sorry to lose you. Also sorry you're not happy with the way the supplies are moving over.

I'm wondering if Robin Hood have taken the right gas supply. I say this because letters advising of a change in the daily standing charges following the setting up/cancelling of a Monthly Direct Debit usually go to customers with a live account. Once a supply is applied for, accounts are locked down until the switch completes. There aren't any price changes or subsequent letters.

This could, though, just be a timing issue and the Direct Debit was cancelled before the account was applied for. In this case, cancelling the arrangement would've triggered the letter. I don't know if Robin Hood are part of Faster Switching (about two and half weeks). If not, you might've stopped payments whilst in their cooling off period. This isn't usually an issue where suppliers use Faster Switching as the cooling off period runs alongside the switch. It's only if they don't and accounts are applied for 2 weeks after the customer agrees to switch. Here, we won't know you're leaving until later and will change the standing charges if the Direct Debit is cancelled during this time.

For peace of mind, I'd check the serial numbers on the meters are the same as those Robin Hood have applied for.

I'm speculating a lot Stageshoot and sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree. Also sorry you had such trouble contacting us but hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_MalcFormer_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    6.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    pineapple wrote: »
    I have to say I have always found Eon to be great. Plus it's been a breeze to manage my account online. But I used to say that about another provider till it came to switching.
    I think it's when making any sort of change that the cracks show.

Glad we've looked after you pineapple and you like the website. Hope you'll like the planned changes too.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    6.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    "Our website will be down for maintenance from 11pm on 1 February until 8am on 2 February. Account login won’t be available, but our live chat and phone lines will be open from 8am."

Doesn't quite make sense does it? Unless the 8am "back up" time is a little optimistic.

You're right grumpycrab, the message doesn't hang together very well. To be clear, the whole website will be unavailable from 11pm tomorrow, 1 February until 8am the following day, 2 February. This includes the Live Chat tool. All parts, including Live Chat, will be back up and running from 8am, 2 February unless we hit any unforeseen snags.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer grumpycrab.

Malc
  • D_M_ED_M_E Forumite
    3K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brings to mind the phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
  • FOREVER21FOREVER21 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    I complained after been told that my congratulatory E-mail awarding me a Sky Q prize in the spin the wheel promotion had been sent out in error and no prize was due.

After numerous e-mails I have now been offered a generous good will gesture to compensate for my disappointment.

Thanks E-On for this, now all I need from you is a better fixed tariff than you are currently showing for me ,and I might just be tempted to stay with you.
  • FOREVER21FOREVER21 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    D_M_E wrote: »
    Brings to mind the phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

I said just that ages ago when they first mentioned the changes.

This was as a result of my experience with Co-Op energy who decided to update their system with disasterous results.:mad:

In reply to my post saying what you have stated, Malc assured me that the new system would be " well tested" before going live.

We will soon find out.:D
  • FOREVER21 wrote: »
    I have now been offered a generous good will gesture to compensate for my disappointment.

Thanks E-On for this, now all I need from you is a better fixed tariff than you are currently showing for me ,and I might just be tempted to stay with you.

Fair play to e.on. If you deduct the value of their good will gesture from a potential future bill, haven't they already given you an 'improved' rate? ;)
    Mornië utulië
    6.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malc,

I'm in exactly the same situation as molerat and others but something's not right with your reply above.

You are the losing supplier in this instance and no doubt EON immediately does the necessary checks by computer to see if has any reasonable grounds for objecting to the switch so why hasn't the "Sorry You're Leaving" email been sent out immediately these cursory checks are completed?

Crucially it's the only part of the switching process which confirms to the customer that the new supplier has been in touch with the existing supplier and the switch is proceeding.

Just a minor point but as far as I can see once those cursory checks to see if you have grounds to object to the switch have been completed the "Sorry You're Leaving" email should be sent out immediately. It's totally irrelevant whether the new supplier has signed up to faster switching or not as it makes absolutely no difference.......or am I missing something?

Afternoon youravinalarrrf and, yes, Faster Switching does make a difference. To achieve this, registration runs parallel with the 14 day cooling off period plus an extra 3 working days to finish things off. Previously, registration didn't start until the cooling off period had ended.

Where suppliers have signed up to Faster Switching (most have but there are exceptions), the supply will move in about two and half weeks with things like the objection period timed around the start of the process. Without Faster Switching, accounts aren't applied for until cooling off has finished with objections similarly delayed.

As well as the objection period, registration also involves the transfer of various pieces of information between the two suppliers and certain industry third parties like the energy distributors, meter operators/readers and national databases. The gaining supplier drives this and our 'sorry you're leaving' communications depend on the objection period plus receipt of certain of these messages.

Customers with online accounts can see if the new supplier has been in touch by logging in. Applications to switch result in accounts being locked down very quickly. This is one day after the application under Faster Switching or one day after the two week cooling off period under the old way.

Hope this expands on my previous post youravinalarrrf. Let me know if still not clear as happy to help.

Malc
    6.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    molerat wrote: »
    Not received anything on line, e-mails or account notifications, but received a letter on Friday 27th, changed over Monday 30th.

Sorry again you're leaving molerat but glad we've been in touch.

Malc