Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Terry98 wrote: »
    Thanks Malc.

Look forward to being smart again and not have to crawl under cupboards just to read the meter.

Reading the meter manually is so 20th century.

I am off to get my tin hat!

No worries Terry98. Happy to help.

You mind your head. :)

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Sarasa
    Sarasa Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 July 2019 at 4:51PM
    Options
    Question for Malc please (or other E.ON rep) - We're already on an E.ON tariff but are looking to transfer to Fix Online V21. As regards a smart meter it states " We'll contact you to offer a smart meter installation if eligible". If we transfer to this tariff and then decline a smart meter would we be taken off the V21? Thank you for your time.
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 11 July 2019 at 12:45AM
    Options
    There was a slight hiccough to my switch, as my previous providor put in an objection to my switch - even though I was in credit.

Contacted EON again on the 2 July, asking them to try again, and when live yesterday, 9 July.

Throughout the hiccough, EON kept me up to date with the situation and with the best way to proceed. Facebook messenging was a brilliant way to keep them informed on what I had done and for them to respond. For communication, 10 out of 10.
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Sarasa wrote: »
    Question for Malc please (or other E.ON rep) - We're already on an E.ON tariff but are looking to transfer to Fix Online V21. As regards a smart meter it states " We'll contact you to offer a smart meter installation if eligible". If we transfer to this tariff and then decline a smart meter would we be taken off the V21? Thank you for your time.

Hello Sarasa and, no, you wouldn't be taken off Fix Online 21 if you turned down our offer of a smart meter.

The T&Cs for this tariff say, by choosing Fix Online 21, you only agree to be contacted about smart meters.

I need to let you know, this tariff was withdrawn overnight and replaced with version 22.

Hope this is useful Sarasa. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    There was a slight hiccough to my switch, as my previous providor put in an objection to my switch - even though I was in credit.

Contacted EON again on the 2 July, asking them to try again, and when live yesterday, 9 July.

Throughout the hiccough, EON kept me up to date with the situation and with the best way to proceed. Facebook messenging was a brilliant way to keep them informed on what I had done and for them to respond. For communication, 10 out of 10.

Hello PennineAcute and I'm sorry your switch to us didn't go smoothly.

Glad we were able to sort it out and kept you up to date with what was happening. Many thanks for taking the time to post this. It's really appreciated.

Malc
  • AndyCF
    AndyCF Posts: 748 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 July 2019 at 6:23PM
    Options
    For communication, 10 out of 10.

This is something I would agree with, despite my occasional ups/downs. Generally speaking in my opinion they are quite good.

The main 'problem' I tend to either read about online occasionally or have experienced myself seem simply due to not being able to get to the right person for some reason.

Either due to timing or perhaps miscommunication either from the client or the representative not understanding what was being asked.

I should point out here: Having worked in Customer Service I *can* see "both sides of the phone/desk etc etc" (so to speak) with this. :)

Generally I have found once you do get to someone who has access/knowledge of what you need doing then its never been a big problem to rectify it, or at least have some progress or update, depending on the nature of the concern.

Compared to 'somewhere else' who were totally appalling in quite a few ways (I'll post a thread about that at some point) and that's being kind (honestly) EON generally seem quite reasonable. :)

If it means anything: I'm actually trying to get someone to move their elec to EON soon provided they can keep their legacy key/token meter for now she should be happy but that's something for another thread/time.
    Options
    AndyCF wrote: »
    This is something I would agree with, despite my occasional ups/downs. Generally speaking in my opinion they are quite good.

The main 'problem' I tend to either read about online occasionally or have experienced myself seem simply due to not being able to get to the right person for some reason.

Either due to timing or perhaps miscommunication either from the client or the representative not understanding what was being asked.

I should point out here: Having worked in Customer Service I *can* see "both sides of the phone/desk etc etc" (so to speak) with this. :)

Generally I have found once you do get to someone who has access/knowledge of what you need doing then its never been a big problem to rectify it, or at least have some progress or update, depending on the nature of the concern.

Compared to 'somewhere else' who were totally appalling in quite a few ways (I'll post a thread about that at some point) and that's being kind (honestly) EON generally seem quite reasonable. :)

If it means anything: I'm actually trying to get someone to move their elec to EON soon provided they can keep their legacy key/token meter for now she should be happy but that's something for another thread/time.

Many thanks for posting this AndyCF.

I'm glad we're helping even though there've been some hiccups.

Malc
  • Highland76
    Highland76 Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 18 July 2019 at 12:00PM
    Options
    Hi Malc
    I know I'm probably being impatient but would appreciate clarification wrt E.ON account setup/creation. I'm due to transfer to E.ON (dual fuel) next Tue 23/7 and I gave my meter reads online on Tue 16/7 - i can login online but not see much (eg price plan) as my account hasn't been created yet. However when I spoke to one of your advisors on Tue I was told my account would be created within 24-48hrs (ie by today) however this hasn't happened yet. Yet when i spoke to someone at E.ON again today, they told me my account will only be created after my supply goes live next Tue. Can you clarify pls?
    Options
    Highland76 wrote: »
    Hi Malc
    I know I'm probably being impatient but would appreciate clarification wrt E.ON account setup/creation. I'm due to transfer to E.ON (dual fuel) next Tue 23/7 and I gave my meter reads online on Tue 16/7 - i can login online but not see much (eg price plan) as my account hasn't been created yet. However when I spoke to one of your advisors on Tue I was told my account would be created within 24-48hrs (ie by today) however this hasn't happened yet. Yet when i spoke to someone at E.ON again today, they told me my account will only be created after my supply goes live next Tue. Can you clarify pls?

Hello Highland76 and thanks for joining us.

I'm sorry you've been given conflicting information. The actual day we'll start supplying is as advised on 23 July. It'll take a little longer before the account is fully up and running.

We need to let other third parties know you've changed supplier. These include the energy distributors, meter operators/readers and the national databases. This is done via a series of electronic messages. We look to have all this done within 32 working days of the supply start date.

Once fully live, things will be backdated to the supply start date of 23 July. This includes the billing and your chosen tariff.

Whilst this all goes through, there'll be certain online features you'll not be able to see or use.

Many thanks for letting us have your meter readings. These were sent well within the window we use. We'll send these readings to your old supplier so they can use them to close their account and issue a final bill.

One online tool you can use now is 'Track My Switch'. This lets you see where you are on your journey and what will be happening next. This tool is on the 'My Account' screen when logged in.

Thanks again for joining us Highland76 and hope this explains. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
  • Highland76
    Highland76 Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks Malc, all noted :)
    Regarding my wish to have smart meters installed, can I request this immediately after going live with E.ON or do I have to wait for 30 days as informed by your call centre staff this morning?
    Cheers
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure