Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• zippygeorgeandben
    zippygeorgeandben Posts: 1,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 3 January 2018 at 12:02AM
    Options
    Dear readers,
    Hoping you can help me. I've been with eon for about 7 years now but I think a bill of £98 per month is too much. It's a small 2 bedroom flat on the top floor with 2 adults who are out from 6-5 every day. We cannot work out why it's so high. We use a dyson hot/cold fan throughout the year which is plugged into the mains.
    My contract is up on 12th February so I'm looking around but I struggle to see cheaper options.
    I do have my final quarterly bill which has come through my email if that helps and I'll provide details, especially as there is an E.ON representative on this page. We are on E.ON Saver Fixed 1 Year v7. According to the bill our daily electricity use is 24.5kwh. In the last quarter from Oct to Jan we used 489kwh and 1179kwh.
    I'm always asked whether I have economy 7 heating. We think we do but like i said earlier, we never (and I mean never) use the heaters on the wall.
    Thanks for reading,
    Ben
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,909 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 January 2018 at 9:27AM
    Options
    Have you actually read your meters and checked against the bills ? Have you checked the peak / off peak readings are billed the correct way round. As you are in a flat have you checked the billed meter is actually yours ? Check your actual consumption and work it out. £98 pm for that sort of consumption is about right.

A Dyson fan is simply a 2Kw heater. The same as any electric heater it is expensive to use during non E7 hours and will be costing you more per hour to heat one room than my gas costs to heat the whole house.
  • zippygeorgeandben
    Options
    Thanks for the reply molerat. Actaully my last bill says that the DD is coming down to £82pcm which is better of course. The washing machine packed up yesterday and a new one is being delivered which has a timer so I was getting all excited about doing washloads when energy is cheaper but apprarently my tariff doesn't matter when I put the washing machine on :(
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,909 Forumite
    Options
    I was getting all excited about doing washloads when energy is cheaper but apprarently my tariff doesn't matter when I put the washing machine on :(
    I'm always asked whether I have economy 7 heating. We think we do but like i said earlier
    Do you or do you not have E7 ? Your bill will show 2 different priced kWh if you do.

Have you checked the meter / readings against the bills ?
  • zippygeorgeandben
    Options
    Molerat - i will check tomorrow re: the bills/readings and yes i do have a day and night time kwH
    I'm really dense with stuff like this hence me being slightly vague. I appreciate you responding though.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Any news on how Malc is doing Helena?
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Any news on how Malc is doing Helena?

Morning Raxiel,

Thank you so much for asking.

Malc is coming back in to the office for a few hours today :T

I can't wait.

Helena :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    Dear readers,
    Hoping you can help me. I've been with eon for about 7 years now but I think a bill of £98 per month is too much. It's a small 2 bedroom flat on the top floor with 2 adults who are out from 6-5 every day. We cannot work out why it's so high. We use a dyson hot/cold fan throughout the year which is plugged into the mains.
    My contract is up on 12th February so I'm looking around but I struggle to see cheaper options.
    I do have my final quarterly bill which has come through my email if that helps and I'll provide details, especially as there is an E.ON representative on this page. We are on E.ON Saver Fixed 1 Year v7. According to the bill our daily electricity use is 24.5kwh. In the last quarter from Oct to Jan we used 489kwh and 1179kwh.
    I'm always asked whether I have economy 7 heating. We think we do but like i said earlier, we never (and I mean never) use the heaters on the wall.
    Thanks for reading,
    Ben

Morning zippygeorgeandben

Thank you molerat :)

As molerat says the first thing we need to see is if you're being billed on E7 or one rate.

The best way to look at the information that you need, is to log in to your online account. This will show the exact tariff that you're on.

Also have a look at the Mi Data page, as this shows what you used last year in kWh and £ spend and also kWh. It also shows what we think you may use in the coming 12 months.

It sounds like the account is billed up to actual reads now and we've reduced the Direct Debit. So once you've got your information, we need to do a quote to see if you're better with or without an E7 tariff.

All electric properties can appear to cost more as this is how you heat as well as everything else.

You might want to use the 'best deal for you' tool on the website as well.

As a side note, have a look at the Direct Debit manager whilst you're online. You can manage your own Direct Debit and change the amount by up to 20% with reads and 5% without.

As I say, good advice given so far by the others.

I'm here though.

Helena :)
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Richard3rd
    Options
    If I move to eon will I have to have smart meters fitted I ask this as we don't want the hassle involved if we stay with BG we don't have to have them
    Options
    Richard3rd wrote: »
    If I move to eon will I have to have smart meters fitted I ask this as we don't want the hassle involved if we stay with BG we don't have to have them

Hi Richard3rd and welcome to the forum.

If you do decide to change over to us here at E.ON you don't have to have a smart meter if you don't want one.

If you need any help with a quote or what the process is for changing supplier, let me know and I'll be more than happy to help.

Thank you

Helena
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback