Free codes for Unlocking Phones OTHER than Nokia's

Options

Comments

• SallyD
    SallyD Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Hi, Browntoa,

Thank you again for helping me some time ago to unlock the Nokia's on the real special offer with Virgin, I updated my Mum's brick and she is delighted with it. Well, as to this D500, mmmmmmmm, I bought it off a chap whose Mum I am acquainted with, he told me he often gets hold of phones as he works in a phone shop? He put in my Sim card and it did work. I did not realise until I showed it to a colleague at work that it was such an up to date one. As I said it accepted my Orange sim card but put it away as I had not bothered to download the instructions for photo's etc., went to use it yesterday and well, you know the rest. I only paid £20. A lesson learnt!
    SallyD
  • drahcir_2
    drahcir_2 Posts: 4,127 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SallyD wrote:
    Hi, Browntoa,

Thank you again for helping me some time ago to unlock the Nokia's on the real special offer with Virgin, I updated my Mum's brick and she is delighted with it. Well, as to this D500, mmmmmmmm, I bought it off a chap whose Mum I am acquainted with, he told me he often gets hold of phones as he works in a phone shop? He put in my Sim card and it did work. I did not realise until I showed it to a colleague at work that it was such an up to date one. As I said it accepted my Orange sim card but put it away as I had not bothered to download the instructions for photo's etc., went to use it yesterday and well, you know the rest. I only paid £20. A lesson learnt!
    a d500 for £20 is to good to be true
    phone orange cust services and they can confirm if its barred or if its a phone fault (99% barred)
  • SallyD
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    It might have been too good to be true but I did not know at the time it was a super duper-phone, I was chuffed to bits when I put my sim in and it worked.So you can imagine how d isappointed I was yesterday when I was going to spend some time getting to know it only to find limited service. Okay, if I phone Orange and it is reported as being pinched, will the police come round and cart me away?
    SallyD
  • drahcir_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SallyD wrote:
    It might have been too good to be true but I did not know at the time it was a super duper-phone, I was chuffed to bits when I put my sim in and it worked.So you can imagine how d isappointed I was yesterday when I was going to spend some time getting to know it only to find limited service. Okay, if I phone Orange and it is reported as being pinched, will the police come round and cart me away?

ive had a few phones from ebay and they have been barred later on
    never had a problem when phoning orange (or other providers) who confirm its been reported stolen
  • SallyD
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Don't suppose they un-barr them?
    SallyD
  • knuckledragger
    Options
    SallyD,
    get the IMEI by doing *#06# then try checking if it's stolen by going to https://www.immobilise.com/
    ...and then the window licker said to me...
  • arandall
    Options
    Does anyone know if it is possible to unlock a Samsung E350 on Virgin Mobile (bought recently, 17/2/06 - so prob a newer model)?
  • drahcir_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    arandall wrote:
    Does anyone know if it is possible to unlock a Samsung E350 on Virgin Mobile (bought recently, 17/2/06 - so prob a newer model)?
    not by code (unless you spend £30 with virgin first)
    can be done by clip or cable - your local market phone stall should be cheapest
  • Tabs_2
    Tabs_2 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

I have tried the search function but nothing shows for my query, so apologies in advance if I'm repeating something ...

I have had a Motorola V300 for the last three years and it has been locked to T-Mobile since bought brand new. I would now like to unlock it and having read on MSE and other sites that you cannot unlock Motorolas for free, I have just found this website http://www.sagemobile.co.uk/

It claims it can unlock my phone for just £2.99. The terms and conditions state they cannot be held responsible if the code doesn't work etc yet they then say a full refund will be made if they can't unlock the phone? :confused:

Has anyone got any comments/reviews on the aforementioned company?

Many thanks in advance.
    :heart2: Tabs :heart2:

£2 Coin Savers Club ... Total so far: £32
    20p Coin Savers Club ... Total so far: £17.60
    Savings Grand Total = £72.48 :T
    Updated 6th May 2006
    :beer:
  • drahcir_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tabs wrote:
    Hello,

I have tried the search function but nothing shows for my query, so apologies in advance if I'm repeating something ...

I have had a Motorola V300 for the last three years and it has been locked to T-Mobile since bought brand new. I would now like to unlock it and having read on MSE and other sites that you cannot unlock Motorolas for free, I have just found this website http://www.sagemobile.co.uk/

It claims it can unlock my phone for just £2.99. The terms and conditions state they cannot be held responsible if the code doesn't work etc yet they then say a full refund will be made if they can't unlock the phone? :confused:

Has anyone got any comments/reviews on the aforementioned company?

Many thanks in advance.
    i should think they have just got a list of codes that work on some models - like the one in the sticky.
    remember if you put some codes into phones that were not designed to accept that code , it could cause a problem - and they say they wont be responsible
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure