Forum Home» Energy

Economy Energy, who are they? - Page 17

New Post Advanced Search

Economy Energy, who are they?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
208 replies 377.3K views

Replies

• So their office or business address is in the middle of the airport? Which one hun?:eek:
  • Last night I got a phone call about switching to this company, I blame the nightshift brain for agreeing. The welcome email was instant and a few hours later the welcome pack, both included an email address to cancel - which I did this morning, however, the email address provided does not exist. I called on the phone number provided, thankfully that did work and they are cancelling the switch. However, when I asked for an email confirming the cancellation I was told it takes up to 4 days to process the cancellation and that I'd get a letter after that. I said I wanted an email stating the cancellation was being processed and surprise, they can't do that. I hope I'm wrong, but I get a feeling they're going to 'lose' my cancellation request :(
  • edited 2 December 2016 at 11:01PM
    Scruff2015Scruff2015 Forumite
    12 posts
    edited 2 December 2016 at 11:01PM
    Oh my ... ddcol ... looks like EE have a passionate happy customer. Probably their only one :)

Oh wait, and another 1 post wonder ...

Don't suppose you have a stake or interest in the company and have created lots of new accounts to post a positive comment? Just an observation, but it seems positive comments on this whole thread is only, or mostly from Newbies?

I think you should wash your mouth with soap and water ... and maybe your supplier too ... or maybe you dont need to because Ofgem will do the nation a favour very soon ...

:eek:
  • Hey, how have you got on?? A guy turned up at my door and my husband just got home and we was about to go out so we rushed him off while accepting. We rang the next day to cancel they said they would deal with it, but just received an email now from my actual supplier saying sorry you're leaving us!!! When we never cancelled with our original supplier. They should be allowed to just cancel your original supplier account!! So just wondering if anything else has happened to you? Thanks
  • tinadadd wrote: »
    Has anyone had any good dealings with this company? I found myself being sweet talked into signing up, I've received no paperwork or meter key and the code that they have given my to activate another key is not working. I want to quit with them and go back to my previous supplier, can I?
    How did you get on?? Has it been solved? Because I want to cancel with them but they're making it very hard to
  • KAAT_LADYKAAT_LADY Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just had a call from economy energy, call centre somewhere in durham, very pushy said they could do it less than gb energy(co-op)
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• KAAT_LADYKAAT_LADY Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a call from octopus energy earlier today. Just wondering if the list for gb energy (co-op) , who i am with atm ,has gone viral
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• edited 27 December 2016 at 9:51PM
    Turnip_EddTurnip_Edd Forumite
    13 posts
    edited 27 December 2016 at 9:51PM
    My daughter 'discovered' today her account has been 'closed' with Utilita and she was 'transferred' to Economy Energy (gas & elec - PrePay) during first week of December.

.. this discovery was made by being unable to top up her gas & elec... phoning Utilita and being informed she was 'no longer a customer'... asking the guy to give her the number for E E... ringing [India] after 25 Min wait today... and having a lady agree 'all her supplier details' and give her an account number so she could purchase gas & elec.

SHE HAS HAD NO CONTACT AT ALL WITH E E...???

India had only her Name.. Mobile Number.. Email address...???

There has been no 'sorry you are leaving/we can offer a better tariff' letter from Utilita & NO 'welcome pack' from E E.

How in the hades did all this happen......... :mad:

TurnipEdd
  • JoyfulJoyful Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to ask EE to treat it as an erroneous transfer or you can ask the old supplier to do this. Then EE has to prove that your daughter agreed to change supply either on the phone, in the street or at the doorstep or Web. If they cannot prove this it will go back to the previous supplier. The fact they have her email address makes me think she has spoken to someone or gone through a website
    ****Released the reins and am now Self employed when this lockdown clears!****
  • Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and looking for some help and advice. I moved into a rented flat and am using a meter card for my gas which is pretty expensive. I was stopped by economy energy months ago but to be honest I forgot all about it. I contacted them and they sent out a welcome pack plus a bill, I contacted them to ask what the charge is for as I'm still using my card for British gas.
    They said if British gas are charging me then I need to take it up with them.
    But if I don't pay my card then I have no gas so how can economy energy possibly charge me for gas that I haven't had from them? I am now £164.54 in debt to them.
    Can anyone help please. Economy energy keep hanging up on me as English isn't their first language and can't understand me!!!!!
    Polly. Xx