Anyone used discountedstampsforpostage.co.uk?

Replies

• After unsuccessful negotiations with this website trying to receive the order I've reported them to the Citizens Advise Bureau and to The Office Of Fair Trading. I'll post the results of my inquiry here. Don't buy from them as I've wasted hours of my time on emails and reporting them. Better buy stamps full price elsewhere.
  • drvas wrote: »
    After unsuccessful negotiations with this website trying to receive the order I've reported them to the Citizens Advise Bureau and to The Office Of Fair Trading. I'll post the results of my inquiry here. Don't buy from them as I've wasted hours of my time on emails and reporting them. Better buy stamps full price elsewhere.

I have also had a bad experience and have contacted my credit card company who are looking into it as fraud.
  • DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!
    please 'google' DISCOUNTED STAMPS FOR POSTAGE SCAM- there is a website that a previous victim has set up to warn others of their scam! It is quite an interesting read.
    I have lost £1000 which I now see no hope in getting back.
    I am going to contact Action for Fraud - hopefully if enough people contact them about them they will investigate him
  • LROSE wrote: »
    there is a website that a previous victim has set up to warn others of their scam! It is quite an interesting read.

Thanks for that! It is indeed an interesting read with some useful personal details of the MD. Many of the things on there that others had experienced sounded so familiar.

Looks like Costco is the place to go for all my future stamp purchases.
  • I willl not enclose much.

If your order is 50 stamps plus they take a while to get them out to you, so the smaller the better. you will almost every time without a doubt be lied to over the phone, about your order. I know the staff don't like doing it. But you have to "Please" your boss. Its poorly run, the stamps are collected from 3 different sources. And most of the time don't have a lot in.

They are informed as well if anything comes up on the internet about stamps or presentation packs or about them. Because of the dodgy past the owner has.
  • B241 wrote: »
    I did buy stamps from them. It took over three weeks, several unanswered emails, and finally a phone call to finally get them. They were new, self adhesive and OK. Bought some stamps again recently, paid special delivery to get them next day. It it 11 days now, no stamps, but the email was answered this time, saying: "we do have to allow the maximum of 10 working days after payment is cleared for your order to be despatched.. I can confirm your order is now with the despatch department and will be sent out within the next couple of days". This was five days ago.

Possibly they print the stamps or whatever. The address given shows a cottage in a village, don't see any "despatch department" there, unless it is in another country, then the time lag would make sense.
    The email you got is one that is just copied and pasted. Its a blag to give them more time.
  • Hi there,

I have used these people, the first time I ordered my order arrived 2 weeks late but because of the saving I thought I would give it another go, I ordered some stamps in August and I am still waiting, I have had numerous stalling emails but they only answered half my messages.

I have cancelled my order and got a full refund. I will never use them again.
  • Hi there,

I have used these people, the first time I ordered my order arrived 2 weeks late but because of the saving I thought I would give it another go, I ordered some stamps in August and I am still waiting, I have had numerous stalling emails but they only answered half my messages.

I have cancelled my order and got a full refund. I will never use them again.

funnily enough today i received my order of 10th august as well for first class stamps...i was flabbergasted and think myself dim...i can remember ordering but must have forgot about it in the meantime even though it shows on my statement for august
    i am now going to get all my christmas 2nd class from the local shop...sod the savings..
    if i hadnt googled this site i wouldnt have been aware they have such an appalling record
    AND
    UNLESS THEY ARE A LIMITED COMPANY THEY WONT HAVE AN MD!
    cheers
    geoff
  • I wish I had seen this before I ordered - spent over £50 with them, no stamps and no response to emails - so guess thats goodbye to my hard earned money

jelley wrote: »
    They really have cheap stamps, cheaper than buying anywhere else and with free delivery;

Obviously the reason why i am asking on here is because it may not be a genuine website, there are contact details as well as an address so it may be a proper company.

Anyone had any luck with them?
  • Oh I wish also I had seen this, I spent £129 in October in good time for Christmas and had ordered from them before and decided to do a bigger order, but despite so many emails for me and calling them I have not been given a refund. I have just called my bank and they are hoping to get me a full refund but you have to go through a long process but it will be worth it. When you call them on 01580 200889 you get put through to various girls and after asking for the accounts department, no one calls you back!! Is there any way to post reviews on Google or web to stop other people making the same mistake? hopeless company, I hope they get what they deserve...
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides