Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• morgana
    morgana Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    barryb123 wrote: »
    About 5 minutes before we went in the Judge gave us all a copy and immediately brought it up. He has to really because he's likely to make a decision using that case. He said it wasn't binding but there would have to be very strong arguments to go against the other more senior judge because I could appeal.

Which court was this Barryb123 ?
  • deebabe1966
    Options
    barryb123 wrote: »
    Send them a print off of Huzar and Jet 2.com. There is a link on the first page. This fits exactly into that. Look at paragraph 27. I'm so sure you'll win I'll do it for £50 no win no fee. I guarantee they'll make an offer but turn it down.

do i just send them another letter or email asking for compensation again and quote the huzar n jet 2.com even though they already said it was ec there was 9 of us altogether on 2 bookings 7 adults and 2 children
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    do i just send them another letter or email asking for compensation again and quote the huzar n jet 2.com even though they already said it was ec there was 9 of us altogether on 2 bookings 7 adults and 2 children

Based on the experience of others, the airline is unlikely to be impressed by your letters and will only take you seriously once you commence legal action.
  • iandv
    iandv Posts: 371 Forumite
    Options
    I have tried this in an email back to tc, stating huzar etc but they didn't want to know and has said the complaint is now closed and just gave contact info to caa to complain

What are the steps I need to take to send them court action not going to bother with caa
  • Vauban
    Options
    Read the start of the thread "Taking the airlines to court" - its all there.
  • delayedflight
    Options
    Had a 6 hour delay back in August from Manchester to Menorca. Wrote to TC, got the usual 'fob off' letter with the car breakdown analogy. Raised a Small Claims case and just received a letter saying that having had time to investigate the delay, they will not be defending the claim and that they will be sending a cheque for £1400.

Only strange thing is in the court acknowledgment they have ticked the 'we intend to defend all of this claim' and in their letter to me they say they're not defending it.... and they're also asking me if I will agree to a 14 day extension to enable them to raise the cheque.
  • fossman
    fossman Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My home insurers have agreed to take on my flight delay claim under the legal part of my policy, I'm hoping TC will just pay out once they receive an official looking letter from the solicitor.

Quick question, we travelled with 6 other people who were on a seperate booking. They have not yet put a claim in as they are waiting to see the outcome of my claim. If TC pay out on my claim will it make their claim easier?
    Cashback earned
    Quidco : £858 :)
    Pigsback : £20 and a Beatles CD.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    fossman wrote: »

Quick question, we travelled with 6 other people who were on a seperate booking. They have not yet put a claim in as they are waiting to see the outcome of my claim. If TC pay out on my claim will it make their claim easier?

Yes it should make their claim easier however it will not be a foregone conclusion.
  • Vauban
    Options
    Had a 6 hour delay back in August from Manchester to Menorca. Wrote to TC, got the usual 'fob off' letter with the car breakdown analogy. Raised a Small Claims case and just received a letter saying that having had time to investigate the delay, they will not be defending the claim and that they will be sending a cheque for £1400.

Only strange thing is in the court acknowledgment they have ticked the 'we intend to defend all of this claim' and in their letter to me they say they're not defending it.... and they're also asking me if I will agree to a 14 day extension to enable them to raise the cheque.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AGREE TO ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE GOT YOUR CHEQUE.

The fact that they have not written to the court to concede that they accept the claim is all a bit fishy, IMHO. (As is their explanation that they've conducted a further investigation: they're not defending because they know they'd lose, and the only thing that's changed is that you called their bluff and took them to court!).

You're nearly there - don't let them wriggle off the hook!
  • delayedflight
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AGREE TO ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE GOT YOUR CHEQUE.

The fact that they have not written to the court to concede that they accept the claim is all a bit fishy, IMHO. (As is their explanation that they've conducted a further investigation: they're not defending because they know they'd lose, and the only thing that's changed is that you called their bluff and took them to court!).

You're nearly there - don't let them wriggle off the hook!

The thing I don't get, is what do they have to gain by asking for a 14 day extension. Do they need the extra time to prepare a defence - and in which case, having written to me saying they aren't going to defend and that they intend to settle in full, it would surely go against them if they then changed their mind?

But if it's all above board, why would they need another two weeks just to raise a cheque - they have until the 14th November anyway!

You're right - something sounds fishy here...... not sure what to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure