We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Monarch delays & Compensations. Listed flights denied in O.P.

Options

Comments

• martindwilson
    Options
    @ Mark2spark ZB284 Gatwick to Tenerife 08/04/2012

Regrettably this was caused by technical difficulties within the Monarch fleet. Our aircraft are maintained to the highest standards, but as with all airlines, unexpected technical problems do occur from time to time
    incidentaly i sent the claim letter from the template recorded delivery
    despite it having a signature for receipt they said they never received it. and sent me their claim form instead it then took about 4 weeks
  • miss_zoe
    Options
    Hi,

Please bear with me, just joined and not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but have some information about a claim that has been rejected. Flight ZB 787 Paphos to Gatwick 3rd October 2012 which was delayed over 3 hours.
    Reason for refusal of compensation -"aircraft scheduled to operate your flight was released late from the Monarch engineering hangar in Luton after scheduled maintenance checks. This was due to the restrictions put in place by the airport authority as a result of congestion on the apron and lack of departure stands available. Upon release, the aircraft was required to position from Luton to London Gatwick ready for the outbound flight to Paphos which was able to depart, albeit with a delay. Unfortunately these events led to a delay in the scheduled departure time of your flight.
    It was also unfortunate that despite Monarch's best efforts there was no availability to transfer passengers on your flight to an aircraft charted from a third party operator. As a consequence and in order to reduce the length of your delay, your flight was operated on the first available aircraft from within the Monarch fleet.
    Having considered the factual background of this case, we are satisfied that the disruption was caused by an extraordinary circumstance that could not have been prevented by Monarch Airlines. We are therefore, unable to accept your claim ......."

Can anyone advise if this is a valid reason to refuse compensation, or is it worth me pursuing this claim, and if so what do I do next?
    Many thanks,
    Regards.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    miss_zoe wrote: »
    Hi,

Please bear with me, just joined and not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but have some information about a claim that has been rejected. Flight ZB 787 Paphos to Gatwick 3rd October 2012 which was delayed over 3 hours...

Can anyone advise if this is a valid reason to refuse compensation, or is it worth me pursuing this claim, and if so what do I do next?
    Many thanks,
    Regards.

No it is not. Read the FAQs for what to do next. But basically a "notice before action" letter, and then Court or a claims company.
  • stephaniehuddy
    Options
    Hi was anyone on a flight from goa to Manchester on 26 01 2008 which was delayed for 23 hours due to a bird flying into one of the engines. Im pretty sure it was a Monach flight as it stopped in Bahrain, or how can I find out the flight number.
  • stephaniehuddy
    Options
    Hi how can I find a flight number
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • markar_2
    Options
    Hi all,

I had a delay over a year ago due to technical faults on the plane at Gatwick. We had to off load our luggage and were transported to a Gatwick hotel for the night. Our flight was delayed until the following morning and I claimed on my travel insurance.
    Typically I now cannot find my e-ticket relating to this flight and wondered if there was any way I could still claim under the new rules? I booked online directly with Monarch at the time so I don't have an agent's booking reference either. It's typical I have pretty much every other booking confirmation I ever made......

Any advice?
    Thanks all.:mad:
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is the booking reference against the payment transaction on a credit card or bank statement?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • the_wedge
    Options
    can someone please tell me how to find out about a flight that was delayed back in 2008? on moneysavingexpert it says that help can be found on the FlightStats website, I've tried it but can't make head nor tail of how to get the information I need. HELP HELP
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    the_wedge wrote: »
    can someone please tell me how to find out about a flight that was delayed back in 2008? on moneysavingexpert it says that help can be found on the FlightStats website, I've tried it but can't make head nor tail of how to get the information I need. HELP HELP

Suggest you advise route/flight number and date to see if anyone can assist.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport