Official MoneySavingExpert.com Facebook Group

Options
MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi folks,

There are already a couple of great MSEr's groups on Facebook (the social networking site) about the site. So I thought it'd be great to do an official one and that way we can add site content to it where it's appropriate

If you're logged into facebook: Just go to MoneySavingExpert.com official group (or search official MoneySavingExpert.com), please join the group. Both as it'd be nice to have a load of moneysavers there and also by doing so it helps spread the word.

Wanna be my friend?

Feel free, this one is my profile Martin Lewis Facebook (again remember you need to be logged in), I'd love you to join my friends, my aim is to put notes about things and when I'm on t'telly etc in there.

Any ideas what we should be doing with it?

Please if you're a facebook regular, I'm not - so I'd love your suggestions on what we can add there to make it better.

Martin

PS and yes, i've got a myspace one coming soon too....
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Options
    oooooh how exciting - i am member number 4 to join!!!

great to see another stripey shirt Martin!
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • C00kie_2
    C00kie_2 Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yay! offical group! I'm horribly addicted to joining groups, even though I usually hate that sort of thing... this one i'll be proud of though! :D
    :rotfl:
  • cheekyemma
    cheekyemma Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just joined.. im also a member of the Martin Lewis Appreciation Society!:p
    Reclaimed Charges £2433 :D
    :A Martin Lewis is my God:A
  • Spendaholic_Chick
    Options
    I prefer myspace - don't you have one of those, Martin?
    :D GOD BLESS DURAN DURAN :D
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no 293 Proud to be dealing with my debts
    March NSD 5/10 March Make £5 Day £99.28/£155
  • James_N
    James_N Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    Hi folks,

There are already a couple of great MSEr's groups on Facebook (the social networking site) about the site. So I thought it'd be great to do an official one and that way we can add site content to it where it's appropriate

If you're logged into facebook: Just go to MoneySavingExpert.com official group (or search official MoneySavingExpert.com), please joing the group. Both as it'd been nice to have a load of moneysavers there and also by doing so it helps spread the word.

Wanna be my friend?

Feel free, this one is my profile Martin Lewis Facebook (again remember you need to be logged in), I'd love you to join my friends, my aim is to put notes about things and when I'm on t'telly etc in there.

Any ideas what we should be doing with it?

Please if you're a facebook regular, I'm not - so I'd love your suggestions on what we can add there to make it better.

Martin

PS and yes, i've got a myspace one coming soon too....

I am on Facebook due to Higher Education "connections". Many of my students are financially naive both in day to day spending and in future plans. This could be a great opportunity to assist them and inform them.
    Under no circumstances may any part of my postings be used, quoted, repeated, transferred or published by any third party in ANY medium outside of this website without express written permission. Thank you.
  • wolvesinwales
    wolvesinwales Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rapidly growing already ! Some rather yummy looking people on here :)
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
  • James_N
    James_N Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I prefer myspace - don't you have one of those, Martin?

I am "new" to both of these and only joined Facebook a few weeks ago to support a study tour I co-led for some of our students - at their invitation.

Here's my understanding of this. Myspace is "bigger" in the general population and in schoolkids. Facebook appears to be very popular in universities. My (expensively now-graduate) daughter describes Facebook as the "biggest time-sink for a student ever". I can see what she means - some of my students uploaded pictures and comments to our tour-group site while abroad using phones, PDAs and (free) internet connections. The speed of adoption is huge.

The other aspect - and why this interests me - is that university students are often greatly in need of financial planning and help - both day-to-day and longer term. Good habits built early ...

There is a push - perhaps locally in Wales - to do more to educate students. Perhaps this is a good way to reach them? I would be ready to do more for this.
    Under no circumstances may any part of my postings be used, quoted, repeated, transferred or published by any third party in ANY medium outside of this website without express written permission. Thank you.
  • nickinoodle_2
    Options
    Oh yeh, think Im 26th or 27th
  • jonpeat
    jonpeat Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I got to the party a bit late it seems....member 43!
  • highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have added you!

Facebook rules!!! lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income