Ask Atos Healthcare disability assessment questions

Options

Comments

• isolation
    Options
    halight wrote: »
    Glad You are now moving the right way now.

I'm juast worried that this might not be the end of the nightmere for you,
    Will she still have to go for other ATOS medicals as time goes on?
    If so this is were all the worry could start all over again for the both of you. And of course all that extra stress on you both will have a large impact on your health as well as hers.

Thanks for the message - Yes I expect so as the benefits process is very adversarial. At least we know what is coming now and know not to expect a fair process.

Dee ('a disgruntled family member with a vested interest' (thanks fridge3))
    http://dwpnegligence.wordpress.com
  • Atos_Healthcare_representative
    Atos_Healthcare_representative Posts: 221 Organisation Representative
    Options
    nixe wrote: »
    are atos allowed to talk about some ones sex life?
    a friend was interegated on this at her assessment.
    are some things not private is she not allowed one cause she is disabled.

Hi nixe

We would not consider it appropriate to question people on their sex life as part of an assessment. If your friend feels the HCP acted inappropriately at her assessment, I would encourage her to contact us with details to allow us to investigate.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Atos Healthcare. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • JS477
    JS477 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Options
    Hope the MSE sponsored Atos Rep will be able to answer more than just the one question they managed yesterday!!

Here's a couple;

As you say "The remit of the thread is questions about the Work Capability Assessment process" (not that you've answered any of them properly) so given that Atos "doctors" and "HCP" are involved in the WCA process how many "doctors" and "HCPs" have been reported to the GMC or Regulatory Bodies for carrying out sub-standard WCAs?

and

Does the "doctor" or "HCP" read the claimants ESA50 prior to the WCA?
  • JS477
    Options
    are atos allowed to talk about some ones sex life?
    a friend was interegated on this at her assessment.
    are some things not private is she not allowed one cause she is disabled.

Rather than just letting Atos fob you off with some excuses for the egregious experience your friend was subjected to I would be inclined to get your friend to raise an official complaint via the Atos complaints procedure.

At least then [hopefully] Atos should take the matter seriously!
  • damo24
    damo24 Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    isolation wrote: »
    The tribunal judge asked a single health-related question today before having her claim being reversed and giving a successful outcome. Excellent news for her that someone believes her at last but it is still disgusting that both ATOS and the DWP put her through absolute hell for the last year with successive false reports and a mountain of procedural errors and provable lies.

Hi Dee, I am so happy for you, I've got my tribunal next month and this has really given me hope just when I needed it.

I have no doubt that the process will start again soon for you (I know of people receiving an ESA50 less than a month after winning at tribunal) but at least this time you will be prepared.

Once again congratulations and in case Fridge decides to turn up and troll over this, I am pleased that the tribunal has seen sense and recognised that the HCP reports were wrong as opposed to "someone beating the system"
  • nixe
    nixe Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    Hi nixe

We would not consider it appropriate to question people on their sex life as part of an assessment. If your friend feels the HCP acted inappropriately at her assessment, I would encourage her to contact us with details to allow us to investigate.

thanx i will pass this message over.
  • nixe
    nixe Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    JS477 wrote: »
    Rather than just letting Atos fob you off with some excuses for the egregious experience your friend was subjected to I would be inclined to get your friend to raise an official complaint via the Atos complaints procedure.

At least then [hopefully] Atos should take the matter seriously!

thanx she recorded the test in secret, can she use it?
    there was other things said as well, friend is still upset.
  • JS477
    Options

If when Atos "investigate" your friends complaint they come back and said no such things were said your friend has all the evidence to counter that assertion by Atos that she needs!! :D
  • damo24
    damo24 Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options

I'm sure that someone on here will tell you that by making the recording she was in breach of some law or other however I would leave that to the GMC or NMC to decide. After all, your friend was only recording the assessment for her own personal reasons, she did not expect to have to use them in a complaint.

I could be wrong but I would say go for it and just make sure that she has a copy of it backed up somewhere safe just in case.
  • dori2o
    dori2o Posts: 8,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    She can submit the recording as evidence. It is upto the people in charge of investigating the alleged wrong doing as to whether it can be accepted.

Your friend has not, and will not have broken any laws with regards to the recording so don't let anyone tell her different.

Some people say it is against privacy and data protection laws but this is a complete red herring.

For a start the recording of a conversation only needs approval from one of the parties involved in the conversation. It is highly unlikely your friend would refuse to approve herself recording a conversation between herself and the fake Doctor.
    [SIZE=-1]To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
    [/SIZE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport