PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Landlord has changed the lock

Options

Comments

• MoonDragon
    Options
    RedPoll wrote: »
    I think there is more to the this case than is being actually admitted to.

For a start there is conflicting information regarding the section 21 and section 8?

If you are in an HMO are you definately on an AST or is it a Licence agreement?
    If you on a licence agreement and there is the landlord under the same roof in any mention then you have a lot less standing. You have already said relatives live in other rooms?

Alot of these posts seem to be suggesting for you to answer from my opinion.

Also go steady with the solicitor, its the taxpayer footing the bill!!

Hello, i am not sure you have read my previous posts especially those on the first page....
    A cat who's been sprayed with hot water, will then be afraid of his own bowl of innocent fresh water.
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    MoonDragon, forgive me if you've already told us and I missed it, but does your landlord live in the same house where you have a room? Also; how many other tenants share the house?
  • MoonDragon
    Options
    *Robin* wrote: »
    MoonDragon, forgive me if you've already told us and I missed it, but does your landlord live in the same house where you have a room? Also; how many other tenants share the house?

The landlord does not leave in the property (but sometimes i see some letters in his name). There are three others tenants in the property.

Yesterday, hours after my 'solicitor' told me that the landlord will bring me a copy of the key during the day, about 10pm an intruder came to knock my door claiming to be a relative of the landlord and wanted just to let me know that the landlord asked him to bring me the key but it was too late and he just wanted to let me know. This intruder equally told me that he will bring the key by today : I am waiting...
    A cat who's been sprayed with hot water, will then be afraid of his own bowl of innocent fresh water.
  • MoonDragon
    Options
    I have the key now but I have to remain vigilant and find another property asap.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MoonDragon wrote: »
    I have the key now but I have to remain vigilant and find another property asap.
    Indeed.

As advised in post 10.
  • MoonDragon
    Options
    G_M wrote: »
    Indeed.

As advised in post 10.

Following your advice in #10, how many extra time do you think I can have before going to court?

Ps : I am searching somewhere presently but it is a difficult since i am sick (also does not work).
  • G_M
    Options
    MoonDragon wrote: »
    Following your advice in #10, how many extra time do you think I can have before going to court?
    Without re-reading the whole thread....

* The LL may get a court date in the next 2 - 6 weeks
    * if the S21 Notice is valid, the court will grant the LL possession
    * you can then stay till the court bailiffs come - another 2 - 6 weeks (but you may incur costs)
    * If the S21 Notice is invalid you can get the judge to throw it out (eg you did not receive the 'precribed information' for the deposit). In that case, the LL will have to a) return your deposit in full and then b) serve you a new S21 Notice (with another 2 months notice) and then go back to court.
  • MoonDragon
    Options
    It is not in my nature to act by this way but presently I really don't have any other choice.

Thanks again.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,862 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    G_M wrote: »
    Without re-reading the whole thread....

* The LL may get a court date in the next 2 - 6 weeks
    * if the S21 Notice is valid, the court will grant the LL possession
    * you can then stay till the court bailiffs come - another 2 - 6 weeks (but you may incur costs)
    * If the S21 Notice is invalid you can get the judge to throw it out (eg you did not receive the 'precribed information' for the deposit). In that case, the LL will have to a) return your deposit in full and then b) serve you a new S21 Notice (with another 2 months notice) and then go back to court.

There's also a S8 notice. With the HB paid in arrears, there may be the required 8 weeks arrears at the time of going to court.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • G_M
    Options
    GDB2222 wrote: »
    There's also a S8 notice. With the HB paid in arrears, there may be the required 8 weeks arrears at the time of going to court.
    OP has said (somewhere!) that rent is up to date...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure