UK-passport.net

Options

Comments

• fuzzflyer
    Options
    I tried two links.. both went to misleading sites both charging different amounts but both seem misleading
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Why not check some of the top 5 links on google first then decide what to do instead of just going for the first link you see, the third link down is the .gov site that explains about passport applications.
  • fuzzflyer
    Options
    The point seems to be missed.... the site misleads you to thinking it is an official
    passport application site not an advisory banking site!
    goater78 wrote: »
    I don't see what hipay have done wrong? They are a service like PayPal. Nothing to do with UK passport.

You're dispute is with UK passport not hi pay
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Options
    fuzzflyer wrote: »
    I tried two links.. both went to misleading sites both charging different amounts but both seem misleading

I've just Googled "UK Passport Application". The first non-paid for result is a gov.uk page on passports. This is the official government site.

You've obviously just selected the first links that come up, which are paid for adverts. They are commercial ventures, so of course they are going to charge you - how do you think they pay for their adverts.
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    gb12345 wrote: »
    I've just Googled "UK Passport Application". The first non-paid for result is a gov.uk page on passports. This is the official government site.

You've obviously just selected the first links that come up, which are paid for adverts. They are commercial ventures, so of course they are going to charge you - how do you think they pay for their adverts.

If you Google 'stop smoking' the first result is to the NHS. This is an advertising link.

Just because it's an advertising link doesn't mean it's automatically a commercial venture.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 January 2013 at 6:23PM
    Options

Depends what you google though, not sure what i googled before but ive just googled uk passport applications and the search results 4,5 and 6 all link to the gov.uk site which is the government site.

If you google uk passports the top 3 links aren't the correct sites even if they do look official, links 4 and 5 are for the homeoffice site which will take you to the gov.uk site once you click on apply for passport.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I thought this was a help blog not a site for budding comedians.

It is a help forum but goaters reply still stands, your issue isn't with hi pay (the payment site) but with UK passport like paypal is for ebay.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The point seems to be missed.... the site misleads you to thinking it is an official
    passport application site not an advisory banking site!

The point has not been missed. You've thought uk passport was the official passport site. You applied for a passport and they changed you £29. You paid this via Hipay who are a company similar to Paypal.

For some strange reason you appear to be blaming Hipay. They have done nothing wrong. You're argument is with the website (who are a separate company).

I am starting to see how you fell for this website.......
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    It is a help forum but goaters reply still stands, your issue isn't with hi pay (the payment site) but with UK passport like paypal is for ebay.

The irony is if you contact uk passport before they process your application they refund you the money. However I suspect as he's been messing around and calling Belgium he may have missed this window!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    goater78 wrote: »
    The irony is if you contact uk passport before they process your application they refund you the money. However I suspect as he's been messing around and calling Belgium he may have missed this window!

Goater
    I think exactly the same as you - and I think that is why the OP possibly didn't get his refund either.
    The OP tried to stop the payment through his c/c company instead of first contacting uk-passport.net to ask for a refund.

SneakyFate shows how it should be done:
    SneakyFate wrote: »
    Literally moments after my last post, I received two e-mails. One from "staff@estavisa.co.uk", to whom my request for a refund (sent to [EMAIL="sales@uk-passport.net"]sales@uk-passport.net[/EMAIL]) had been forwarded. It reads: [FONT=&quot]I’m sorry you feel you have been wronged, as you said yourself however our website clearly states our service, which is a check and send service.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]You have now been refunded[/FONT]

The other e-mail is from hipay.com confirming the refund. It remains to check my bank account, but it seems that no harm has been done, and a lesson learned.
    :j

Fuzzflyer
    why didn't you email uk-passport.net and ask them to refund the fee you'd paid instead of incurring costs with a premium rate phone call?
    And then a call to Belgium too! :eek:

HiPay actually referred you (post #26) to uk-passport.net about your refund.

There is a window of opportunity to cancel your transaction with uk-passport.net.

If you had read this thread from the beginning you will have seen my post #17 that has an extract from uk-passport.net's website about refunds:
    You may cancel your application for our service at any time up until we have processed your application and completed our service.
    If you cancel before we have processed your application, we will issue a full refund.
    If you wish to exercise your right to cancel, please contact us in writing (email is best), supplying your name, address and Hipay receipt number (not essential). Our contact details can be found here.

Have you missed that window?
    If not, email them now.

If you'd emailed uk-passport.net at 13:33 yesterday instead of spending an hour on the phone to your bank and then coming on here to moan about not being able to cancel payment, you may well have been posting how they refunded your money after you had made a mistake.

You made an initial mistake (which may or may not be understandable) but then compounded that mistake by not reading the website further but instead ran round and round contacting all sorts of people who couldn't do anything about refunding your money.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought this was a help blog not a site for budding comedians.
    It is a help forum. You've had help. Pointing out that your problem isn't with hipay saves you time chasing them. You just don't like the truth. Any argument is with uk-passport, although you must accept some of the blame yourself for lack of care.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure