13 Projects in 2013 (cross stitch, knitting, paper crafts etc.)

Options

Comments

• Ailsb
    Ailsb Posts: 967 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Verityemilia, lovely varied list.

I've decided I'm going to ask my neice for a few of her little ones old babygros and have a go at a cushion cover for her. Might become number 9 on my list if she is willing to let me have then without saying why I want them.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #59 :j
    Finished 2013 - Bug, Alessandra Adelaides "eye", Sandy Hook Square, Coffee & Cake, Turtle, Gecko, Cross for pouch, candle, stocking, snowman
    WIP 2014: A-Z Nativity, Rock, Scissor etc Mable Figworthy SAL
    Member of 13 projects in 13 Completed 9/13
    Member of 14 projects in 14 Completed 3/14
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Sounds a lovely idea Ailsb, hope she lets you have them

Welcome Verityemilia, love your list, the teacup candles sound lovely, i saw some on a thread on here that someone made as table centres for their wedding.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • ejs2311
    ejs2311 Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,welcome to all the new members.

I haven't had much of a chance to think of extra things to add to my list but have finished Margaret Sherry's 'Cat In Bag' cross stitch, just need to wash, press and frame it. Can't remember what number that was on the list but when I post a pic I'll make sure i've checked first!

The blanket for my new niece/nephew is coming along nicely - well into the 2nd of 3 balls of wool so hopefully it should be complete by the time he/she is here.

I'm also plodding along with the owl doorstop/cushion. Unfortunately the very old sewing machine my mum let me have a few years ago is dying. The tension is awful and it has big loopy bits of thread at the back (though the front looks ok). I'm having to hand sew over everything that has been stitched on using that and its taking forever! Mum had a look at the machine but says it'll cost me more to get it fixed than it would for a new one. Shame I can't afford a new one now as Aldi have a Singer Sewing Machine on their weekly deals tomorrow for £90. I'm going to have to make (by hand!), sell and save for a while yet - grr!

I love the pictures that everyone has posted so far, the variety of things on all the lists is great. Promise to post pics as soon as I get chance.
    Cross Stitch Cafe 2011 - no 58 :A
    13 Projects in 2013 - 5/13 Complete :j
    MBNA Card - 0% til July 13 - £2900 to go :mad:
    Barclaycard - 0% - £1845 to go :(
  • DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone :)

Had a bit of a mare of the last 2 weeks, so haven't been on to post. My list is:
    1. TV cover for lounge
    2. TV cover for bedroom
    3. knitted patchwork quilt for niece (due in July)
    4. 2 new cushion covers for big bedroom
    5. attempting to make a Canadian quilt for the little bedroom as it gets freezing in there because of a huge window
    6. large decoupage gift box for my dad's 50th (august 2nd)
    7. new baby cards x 3 (2 boy 1 girl)
    8. loose sofa cover for little sofa in lounge
    9. scrap book for best friends birthday in october (22nd)
    10. 4 cushion straps for sofa cushions (using grosgrain/elastic and big metal thingies to hook it together)
    11. postcards for friends wedding (save the date)
    12. magnets for a christmas pressie for niece
    13. handbag charms for christmas pressies

Thankfully they are not due right now, or I'd be in a proper pickle!

I need to source the fabric for the TV covers and cushion covers, and raid my scraps store for canadian quilt material.
    I'm 4 squares into the quilt, and have planned on a 16 square quilt using 6mm needles and 30 stitches, running 5 plain, 5 purl.
  • sk00bie1
    sk00bie1 Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I love to join :) I've been trying to come up with 13 things but a lot of them are wedding related so don't really count! I could probably come up with the whole 13 from just wedding stuff :rotfl: I've decided that my brooch bouquet counts, so that's number 1 but the other things, like making the favours/placecards/cake etc don't as they are have to dos rather than want to dos.

So here is where I've got to so far:

1) Brooch bouquet - must be completed 06/04/2013
    2) Niece door sign (X stitch) - must be completed 01/03/13
    3) Birth sampler - baby due early May
    4) Finish blackwork angel
    5) Mum's christmas stitch
    6) Snowflake sonata (X stitch)
    7) Be jolly (X stitch)
    8) Joan Elliot Unicorn (X stitch)
    9) finished Christmas bird (X stitch)
    10) pointy hat tomtes
    11)
    12)
    13)

Will add in others as I think of them, or do them :D
    Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger No. 26 :hello:
    XStitch to do list:
    -- Birth Sampler -- Christmas Angel -- Mum's Xmas Stitch -- Christmas decs 3 & 4 -- Xmas Bird --
    -- Snowflake Sonata -- Be Jolly -- JE Unicorn -- Start HAED!!! --
  • jakesbakescakes
    Options
    Ailsb Hi the 'feeling dotty' knitting project I am starting is actually a pattern from Tincanknits called Pop Blanket (inspired by US pop art) here's a link to it
    http://tincanknits.com/pattern-TCK-POPblanket.html
    I have trialled my first square which was quite fiddley and a big learning curve for me (pinhole cast on) (W&T pick-ups) and elastic cast-off.... but it was great fun and I am planning to complete about a zillion(!!!!) of these 5" squares to make a king size throw for our bedroom :)
    xxxx
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Ailsb Hi the 'feeling dotty' knitting project I am starting is actually a pattern from Tincanknits called Pop Blanket (inspired by US pop art) here's a link to it
    http://tincanknits.com/pattern-TCK-POPblanket.html

xxxx

just clicked your link that looks really stunning!!:T
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Verityemilia
    Options
    Ailsb wrote: »
    Welcome Verityemilia, lovely varied list.

I've decided I'm going to ask my neice for a few of her little ones old babygros and have a go at a cushion cover for her. Might become number 9 on my list if she is willing to let me have then without saying why I want them.

Good idea and a kind of keepsake too ... I have a gorgeous cardigan my daughter had knitted for her when she was born - thinking instead of it just sat in the box I might make a cushion or lavender bunnie out of that :)
    Seal pot challenge no 7- :) # 331 Saved £140 SPC - Target £30
    Grocery challenge - £100 a week
    Weekly Spend Challenge - £40 :)
  • Verityemilia
    Options
    Sounds a lovely idea Ailsb, hope she lets you have them

Welcome Verityemilia, love your list, the teacup candles sound lovely, i saw some on a thread on here that someone made as table centres for their wedding.

Thank you - I thought its something I can do over time, collect teacups from charity shops and then nearer Xmas I can make them into lovely gifts :)
    Seal pot challenge no 7- :) # 331 Saved £140 SPC - Target £30
    Grocery challenge - £100 a week
    Weekly Spend Challenge - £40 :)
  • Ailsb
    Ailsb Posts: 967 Forumite
    Options
    The "pop blanket" is lovely. Would love to knit it but not this year. Look forward to seing the squares as they are done.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #59 :j
    Finished 2013 - Bug, Alessandra Adelaides "eye", Sandy Hook Square, Coffee & Cake, Turtle, Gecko, Cross for pouch, candle, stocking, snowman
    WIP 2014: A-Z Nativity, Rock, Scissor etc Mable Figworthy SAL
    Member of 13 projects in 13 Completed 9/13
    Member of 14 projects in 14 Completed 3/14
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills