The Sun £9.50 holidays, JAN 2013 code words and final word cracking thread

Options

Comments

• jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    At some point we should probably decide who is going to take which letters, so we don't all start with line 1 :)
    52% tight
  • Mr_Doovde
    Mr_Doovde Posts: 291 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jellyhead wrote: »
    It works if I follow that link ... odd :)

Does anyone understand excel macros? This one is almost the same as the one I tinkered with (except I left out a line, so whoever I emailed mine to yesterday please ignore it!!) but I am wondering about line 51 of the link you posted. Should it say item 7? I was thinking item 11 instead - but like I said earlier I don't know how to write code!

are you on about this
    strResult = ie.document.body.all.Item(7).innertext

I'm no expert but this seems like its looking at the result of the webpage, i.e did you put in the correct last code in so it may be looking at item 7 on the sun booking web page to see if you have cracked it or not.
    Joovce, Joovce you want me to spell, it's a J, V, C.
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As I said, I'm no expert :D I'll try it anyway.
    52% tight
  • Mr_Doovde
    Mr_Doovde Posts: 291 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jellyhead wrote: »
    At some point we should probably decide who is going to take which letters, so we don't all start with line 1 :)

We will but probably best to wait until a few days closer to see who is going to be about
    Joovce, Joovce you want me to spell, it's a J, V, C.
  • clairebearmcnair
    Options
    hi i am new to this .. i have a priority booking number which i just phoned up for as i hadnt received my mailing ... i have the codes i am collecting but would like to book on line ..when can i do this .. and is it a different page than when u google the sun holidays as it says nothing about booking on line there ..thank u if anyone can help
  • CJ100_2
    CJ100_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi clairebearmcnair

The Sun website doesn't officially open or allow bookings to be made until Sunday when you would have collected 10 tokens (with 4 letter words printed on).
    However, if you keep checking this forum you will probably find that someone has cracked the code (i.e. discovered what the final (10th) code word is on Saturday. The Sun usually open the website for bookings a day before they say they are going to and therefore by Saturday you should have all 10 codewords and your priority booking number which will allow you to book your holiday online through the website. (Or at the very latest, before everyone else has gone out to buy their Sunday paper ;)
  • elitelady
    elitelady Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what are the words so far please :)
  • DeeLasVegas
    Options
    elitelady wrote: »
    what are the words so far please :)

The words are on the 1st post on the 1st page.
  • clairebearmcnair
    Options
    ah wow thank u very much .. so the normal website with the sun will do the online bookings - brilliant ... how on earth can someone guess the 10th code though ??? lol .. would be great if u can ... how cool would that be ! excellent .. can u only book one on line one or can you do a couple .. suppose you would need two on line priority booking numbers ? i only hav ethe one as i had to ring up for it

thanks for your help x
  • queenietb_2
    Options
    I have emailed for new code now thanks. But added it all up and got better deal on butlins through their site as have half price sale on! So happy still got holiday nice and cheap! Will wait for next sun hols to come out for summer hols time me thinks! Will still watch you all as you crack the code, love it! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure