The Sun £9.50 holidays, JAN 2013 code words and final word cracking thread

Options

Comments

• pinkladyof66
    pinkladyof66 Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    Options
    i dont mean to be rude but

is there not another thread that we can have the general chit chat on please rather than this code cracking one as once the line is open and we get cracking if the word is not mare we are gonna get lost on this thread if other people are asking about recommendations and upgrades and dogs on sites etc.

Make £200 by end of January... £20.42/£200
    Grocery Challenge £200 pm Jan £0/£200
    January no spend days - 1/31
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »
    we have stayed in a Eurocamp 2 bed
    they are smallish but we don't tend to spend much time in the accomodation do didn't matter to us !

you can always upgrade to a 3 bed ? :)

ps Thomson Alfesco are lovely and you will notice a difference ! but Eurocamp are clean and tidy and have been perfectly fine every time we have been

No 3 beds available on site, I have checked. In what way are they different from Thomson al Fresco please? More basic, smaller ? We stayed in a Bellini last time.
  • drewe_2
    drewe_2 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Simon7685 wrote: »
    Thank you very much for helping me out with the word, I will have my fingers crossed that you get what you want when the site opens.

Hopefully I can find something for Easter holidays or half term in May as long as its in school holidays and not more than 3/4 hours drive away that will suit me fine. Any further and its too far for me to drive nowadays......
    Thanks again for help with the last word:T

am not hopefully i like going to haven seashore at great yarmouth but last yr they didnt do it in the oct half term like other yrs so am unsure if there going to do it this time round,there not offering it in the daily mail £10 holidays so i bet they wont,

am sure you will get something that distance from you, theres loads of park resorts and they do the holidays xxx
  • sjg666
    sjg666 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    madmum485 wrote: »
    hi what is the best place to go in Europe was looking to go in the April holidays with hubby and our 5 kids aged 11, 10, 8, 4 and 4 months? We will be driving so doesn't matter if it's hard to get to. We have driven to Italy before.

Duinrell in Holland has a smallish theme park on site which is free and a water park which I think was 3euros for 2 hours so there would be plenty to keep the kids entertained. Also a couple of big playgrounds http://www.duinrell.com/

We get the ferry Dover - Dunkirk with DFDS for £60 return and then it's a 3 hour drive - easy to find with Satnav
  • lauralou83
    Options
    We stayed at languard on the IOW october '11. It was a real bargain as the ferry, booked through the sun as well, was something like £36, so about £120 for the whole thing.:D

Hey, we are looking at IOW this year, was the park good? Don't know anyone that's been, so not sure which park to look at.
    Ok new year and a baby on the way I need to sort out my finances!
  • overworked2012
    Options
    hi all.
    thanks for the codes i missed tuesdays. i did not manage to get booked lat year as i can only do school holiday and there was nothing, any advice?

also iv never been abroad with these how does it work and what are the extra costs involved. thanks/
  • EnglishWelshie
    Options
    SHEILA54 wrote: »
    Has anyone stayed with Eurocamp in a 2 bedroom Horizon mobile home please? They look small and I only have Thomson Al Fresco to compare with but that is all that is showing on the site that I wish to stay at.

Good luck everyone and thanks to all who have helped :T

We had a 2 bed horizon last year, they are not very big compared to the ones we have back home. It was big enough for what we needed though and is only used as somewhere to sleep for us as we don't spend too much time in it. We did have a nice terrace to sit out on though.
    madmum485 wrote: »
    hi what is the best place to go in Europe was looking to go in the April holidays with hubby and our 5 kids aged 11, 10, 8, 4 and 4 months? We will be driving so doesn't matter if it's hard to get to. We have driven to Italy before.

We went to Pra Delle Torri on the Venetian coast last year. The campsite was fab and the pools were excellent especially for younger children. Lots to do on the campsite too.
  • gonnabedebtfree
    Options
    When does the website open?
    debt £emergency savings £0/£1000Sealed pot challenge #54
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    artichoke wrote: »
    its lovely seeing so many new posters join the thread, I hope they continue to contribute to the forum and help others posters from now until the next round of sun holidays :)

ARt
    I like your optimism !

or sarcasm :rotfl:
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GemDoll wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a site in France not too far from the ferry port (not over four hours drive?)
    La Croix Du Vieux Pont
    been 3 times with the SUN and always have a fab time

we do Disney whilst there ( an hours drive from the site) and then spend the other days relaxing onsite. Loads for kids to do :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure