PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Hoarding - A New Start

Options

Comments

• sjprmc01
    sjprmc01 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    31. Out- the end of a bottle of full marks solution
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Out - prescription paper bags and associated paperwork from our trip to the doctor's this morning. These are the sorts of things that usually hang around unnecessarily.

Yet another load of washing on, but DD is now on antibiotics so hopefully peaceful nights will resume by the weekend.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • sjprmc01
    Options
    32. Opened a new soap for downstairs toilet (this contributes coz with the kids mostly using it, it will be done in a week!)
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • JayneC
    JayneC Posts: 912 Forumite
    Options
    VJsmum wrote: »
    Isn't anyone going to tell her that 44 isn't a multiple of 12? :D

Well done on your 5 (ish) dozen

I didn't manage anymore, but otherwise wouldn't have managed that, so thanks for the challenge

Ok so I can't count:o :rotfl:

Have been making bathroom progress too. Have brushed and washed the floor and brushed the cobwebs:ooff the ceiling, Washed the portapotti that has been stashed in there since we bought it when we had a toilet crisis a couple of years ago (blocked sewer pipe that our helpful insurance Co. didn't repair for over a week!!) and photograhed it to put on e-bay. I do not need to keep it 'just in case' and rarely go camping so will not be making use of it.
    Now need to put up shelves in the old boiler cupboard and make the window quilt I've been planning. Think I might give it a lick of paint too whilst it's clean and clutterless - I have until the end of month max then it's onto the next room.
    Official DFW nerd - 282 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts'
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z member # 56
  • JayneC
    JayneC Posts: 912 Forumite
    Options
    Littlegreenparrot - I think you have a point. When my kids were little (I have 5) it was all I could do to keep up with the washing. We had piles of washing all over the place, cos although I could do the washing and drying, the folding and putting away was a step too far:o

I was also very much of the mindset that I'd rather take the kids to the park than tidy the house, so it just got left most of the time

However I also had my aspirational stuff cluttering up the place and that perfection mindset taht 'I didn't have time' to tidy it all up which did definitely make matters worse. If I'd realised earlier that just 10 or 15 mins could make a difference and I didn't have to wash all the pots or tidy the whole room then it might not have got so bad and my mad 'chuck it all out cos I can't stand it any longer' episodes might not have been so exhausting and counterproductive...
    Official DFW nerd - 282 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts'
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z member # 56
  • whitewing
    Options
    Out - 1 photo proof from school photos. We bought the bigger version.
    Out - 2 identical letters from school about an open evening that happened last year. Usually I would have put them in the memory album cupboard to look through again when I scrapbook, but it occurred to me that while it was mildly interesting in the future that DS went to a particular school and did particular subjects, the fact that we attended an open evening on a particular date is not in the least interesting to anyone, even me!
    Out - 1 reminder for an event I should go to but can't make this year. Usually I would keep it to remind me to schedule it in next year but in reality it doesn't remind me as it's sat at the bottom of a dusty pile.

See how much I am writing here. The physical act of chucking out is nothing compared to the time I spend cogitating.

Out - 1 newsletter from a local organisation.
    Out - scrap of paper now the phone number is programmed into the phone. Does anyone else do that, programme the number in and then keep it 'just in case' even though the phone number is easily available online.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • sjprmc01
    Options
    33. Yet ANOTHER washing on
    34. Tumble dryer load on
    35. Took dry clothes off horse
    36. Took glass and metal recycling out.

I do not think I'm going to make 100 today as I can't do much more without having some form of mess tumble down upon me which I won't have time to sort out tonight as I go to (free) bingo with my friends on a Thursday (my only proper 'me' time each week) and have to sort kids out with homework/dinner/getting ready for brownies before I go

Think I will try for a nice, round, 50!
  • whitewing
    Options
    out - another reminder for the same thing as above!
    out - pile of leaflets
    out - entry form for an exam long since done
    out - one of my task lists from last year
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,953 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ventured into the spare room today - so far mirror, drill and box of children's craft bits listed on Freegle and started a CS bag. I used to organise the crafts for a Playgroup - don't need all that stuff now - youngest DGS who I took to Playgroup is 11 this year!
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3129 May - 0/3
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £58.56/£100 NSD - 81
    2024 Craft Makes - 209 Craft Spends 2024 £312.42/£500
  • whitewing
    Options
    oh picklepot, I've just been thinking of you and your 'evidence' for your son.

On Monday, DS is going to be tested to see if he has one of the minor conditions that I have, and I am going to have some additional tests as part of some research. I've just been shredding a whole lot of school, medical etc info relating to appointments. I know a lot of the reason I kept paperwork was to try to build a picture so that people could understand that there were things they could do to help.

Anyway, I have now cleared my 'pending' tray so that is another pile that will not need to be shuffled through again.

I am just about to tackle my work 'pending' tray but may not be quite so successful with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure