£70 from Quidco to take a Plusnet package

Usually £38 but for two days noticed that they increased it to £70 if you go for the unlimited Broadband + Line rental pack.

I took the offer.

Currently on the old O2 £9.5/month unlimited with a minimum top up of my O2 mobile (which I hardly use) every quarter. Line rental at £129 panm with BT on the line rental saver option. Lets do the math

O2

9.5x12+ 40 +129= £283 panm

Plusnet unlimited first year

£4.99x12+125.88 (line rental for a year) -70 (Quidco) = £115.76

Saving £167 this year.:T

Thanks MSE.
Five exclamation marks the sure sign of an insane mind!!!!!

Terry Pratchett.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    You have given up an unbeatable and nowadays unobtainable deal from o2 (unlimited, no speed limit, no shaping etcl) so aren't comparing like with like!

And see the o2 retentions thread - your o2 bb would have been £4.75/month (or less) if you had renewed rather than £9.50.
  • avantra
    avantra Posts: 1,327 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 December 2012 at 1:06PM
    Quentin wrote: »
    You have given up an unbeatable and nowadays unobtainable deal from o2 (unlimited, no speed limit, no shaping etcl) so aren't comparing like with like!

And see the o2 retentions thread - your o2 bb would have been £4.75/month (or less) if you had renewed rather than £9.50.

Yes O2 retentions did offer £4.75/month for one year but as mentioned earlier it is depending on a minimum top up per quarter which can't be less than £10. I simply don't use my mobile phone as much so there is always £30 in credit on it (I have a land line if I need to call). Even with this discount it will still be £226 for 2013 which is dearer by £111

The traffic shaping is not something that can affect me as my bandwith consuming activity is mostly Iplayr viewing.

The T&C including shaping is here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/download_speeds.shtml

It seems that these new unlimited packages don't have traffic management and get the priority over the essentials packs that do, this quote appeared on HUKD:

--There are absolutely no rate limits set on the new Unlimited products. If there were we wouldn't be allowed to sell them as unlimited. We do use prioritisation, but all that does is make sure email/web/streaming/VPN/gaming traffic still works if you're for example using bittorrent or usenet or something else that would saturate the line.

For example, you have a 40Mb connection and are downloading from usenet at that speed. You then set a hi-def stream going from netflix or somewhere. Your usenet traffic would be reduced by the speed of the netflix stream, as our prioritisation makes sure that the streaming traffic is prioritised over the download.

Hope that helps explain, cheers,

Matt Taylor
    Customer Support

Terry Pratchett.
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Please remember Quidco do not guarantee cashback!

Cashback is a bonus, don't base your purchase decision only on the price including cashback.
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • avantra
    avantra Posts: 1,327 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sagz wrote: »
    Please remember Quidco do not guarantee cashback!

Cashback is a bonus, don't base your purchase decision only on the price including cashback.

This is stating the obvious, but might be good to remind Quidco newbies it is part of the contract with every cash back site, tho maybe I am lucky more than 6 years on Quidco and they never failed to pay me, so far thousands of £, I am aware it is not the same across the board.

Terry Pratchett.
  • dreamypuma
    dreamypuma Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 January 2013 at 9:00PM
    I'm glad I spotted this thread. I signed up to Plusnet for 12months Unlimited BB and 12month line rental (paid upfront) this morning.

Effectively:
    £4.99 per month BB
    £10.49 per month Line Rental
    Total Monthly Cost - £15.48

My Quidco has tracked but at £38 and not £70. The Quidco website says:

£70 Exclusive Rate expires in a Day for Unlimited, Unlimited Fibre and Essentials Fibre packages.

I know that sometimes cashback tracks at a lower value and is confirmed at a higher value, but there is no mention of this on the webpage.

I've queried why this has tracked at £38, but wondered if anyone elses has tracked at less than expected?
    My farts hospitalize small children :o
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Take screen-dumps of the page offering £70 just in case.
  • CharlieBilly
    CharlieBilly Posts: 2,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I signed up before xmas for phone and fibre with plusnet and getting fibre in a few days despite it tracking wrong value it now turns out its been refused even though I quoted the reference number this is with TCB. I have no date for phone switch but I got the router they sent me
  • dreamypuma wrote: »
    I'm glad I spotted this thread. I signed up to Plusnet for 12months Unlimited BB and 12month line rental (paid upfront) this morning.

Effectively:
    £4.99 per month BB
    £10.49 per month Line Rental
    Total Monthly Cost - £15.48

My Quidco has tracked but at £38 and not £70. The Quidco website says:

£70 Exclusive Rate expires in a Day for Unlimited, Unlimited Fibre and Essentials Fibre packages.

I know that sometimes cashback tracks at a lower value and is confirmed at a higher value, but there is no mention of this on the webpage.

I've queried why this has tracked at £38, but wondered if anyone elses has tracked at less than expected?

I've also switched to the Plusnet Unlimited and Anytime Phone Package and the purchase was tracked via Quidco with tracking reported at £38. Quidco rep says there is a tracking issue that Quidco have reported to Plusnet and Quidco expect the cashback to be adjusted to £70 in due course. Let's hope.
  • dreamypuma
    dreamypuma Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've also switched to the Plusnet Unlimited and Anytime Phone Package and the purchase was tracked via Quidco with tracking reported at £38. Quidco rep says there is a tracking issue that Quidco have reported to Plusnet and Quidco expect the cashback to be adjusted to £70 in due course. Let's hope.

Thanks for replying. I had the same response from Quidco today also. They acknowledged the rates applicable for the timeframe, and have referred it to the retailer. They hope to resolve on confirmation of the tracked purchase.

I'm glad that the issue isn't unique to me. At least the response was positive.

Fingers crossed.
    My farts hospitalize small children :o
  • Adsf
    Adsf Posts: 1 Newbie
    I purchased Plusnet broadband and phone through the quidco site in Oct 2012, and at the time the cashback was £70 and it could take 2 months for it to be paid. I have never received any cashback forthis purchase and Quidco say i am now out of time to make a claim. Should i contact Plusnet about this, i remenber it took a long time to get the purchase made as the site was very slow that day with me having to chat online to an adviser to get the purchase made. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure