BlackSavings Diary!

Options

Comments

• BlackSavings
    Options
    And I am going to the library in the morning too. I need a good book to lose myself in. I joined last Saturday and I've been meaning to go over and have a proper look round :)

I hope it snows tonight, nothing like a refreshing walk in the snow first thing in the morning. Then back home for bacon butties and a brew :) x
    Debt Free Target Date: December 2014
    Personal Loan = £2,755.45/£7,000
    Overdraft 1 = £0/£2,000
    Overdraft 2 = £0/£500
    VSP #58
  • BlackSavings
    Options
    Oh, forgot to say too, I need an operation :( I'm a bit scared because I will be on my own through the after care. But hopefully I will be okay through it all. Damn body! Although it is needed as my breathing is restricted :( I wake up in the night through not breathing :( x
    Overdraft 1 = £0/£2,000
    Overdraft 2 = £0/£500
    VSP #58
  • BlackSavings
    Options
    What a day!

I've spent 6 1/2 hours shoveling snow outside, rescued 4 cars by pushing them out of the snow, been to the building society to put my bag of coins in, yay! Got a couple of library books out, and done my weekly shop!! Busy busy busy!

I've offered my spare room to my brother whilst he gets on his feet after his GF kicked him out. I've given him a deadline to stick to to get his feet back on the ground, so it's not one of those things where you don't really know what's happening etc. I've tried helping a friend out before by lending her the spare room but she really took the mick and made me feel like a prisoner in my own home :(

Put a stew on the go and my brother put £2.50 on the side because he wants some too :) so that'll do for me, it should make a few portions so he can take some to work tomorrow too, and a can freeze some for next week :)

I think I have earned my bath and glass of wine tonight!!
    Overdraft 1 = £0/£2,000
    Overdraft 2 = £0/£500
    VSP #58
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sounds like you had a good day yesterday.

Boo to the operation, hope it's not something serious.

Hope your brother manages to get sorted and he's lucky he's got a lovely sister to help him.

Hope that stew was nice, we had fajitas last night. x
  • BlackSavings
    Options
    Thanks :) the op isn't too serious but I'm worried about the aftercare of it. I made my brothers breakfast this morning and he said he'd never been looked after like this...what did his GF actually do?! She has never made him breakfast!!! He is currently working nights and none of his washing had been done so I told him to sort it into urgent and non urgent, he worked Friday night and hadn't slept at all afterwards, so I set too, just doing a few household jobs, washed and ironed his shirts, he couldn't believe it!! He did everything in that house with her and she still claimed that he did nothing! She doesn't work, he works nights and still does everything around the house...oh dear!

I did all that snow shoveling yesterday and then it rained and washed it all away...DOH!! Oh well, it was a bloody good work out! My arms are hurting like hell today haha.

With my Brother staying here for a few weeks I will be able to pay half of an overdraft afterwards :) so it's working out a little for me too. Plus he appreciates everything I'm doing so I don't feel like I'm taken for granted.

Anyway, I'm going to make a few birthday cards and a few cups of tea :) x
    Overdraft 1 = £0/£2,000
    Overdraft 2 = £0/£500
    VSP #58
  • welshdreamer71
    Options
    Hiyas think quite a few of us hit a black spot this last week what with the weather and me personally hitting first monthly pay seems so so long since Xmas, have you found the PAD thread payment a day thread even if its only adding to a savings pot ready to pay off a debt quite a few do that plus gives u massive encouragment to hang on to your pennies and as your doing it daily it adds up really quick, or comes down if paying off a debt, the thrill of paying a few pound a day off my barclaycard daily is not normal lol ...
    2 week 5:2=5.5lb off.
  • welshdreamer71
    Options
    Aww bless your poor bro some men put up with such crap just cos they feel its the norm don't they, I'm all for equality but its natural if someone is working more hours to pick up the slack at home isn't it... Careful he don't get too used to it tho lol x
    2 week 5:2=5.5lb off.
  • BlackSavings
    Options
    Haha, yeah, he won't be getting comfy here, he might enjoy the stay but it's not for long.

I'm doing my best at saving, although I did make a purchase with my savings but it felt good that I had saved for it rather than buying it then worrying about it later. Plus, my purchase means I can take my work anywhere with me, so makes life easier :)

x x
    Overdraft 1 = £0/£2,000
    Overdraft 2 = £0/£500
    VSP #58
  • BlackSavings
    Options
    1 step forward, 2 steps back...that kind of sums up my week so far!

My brother has moved back in with his GF.

It goes without saying now that I will not be half way out of my overdraft this month.

Currently making a Spag Bol, and looking at how many portions I can get out of it to freeze. It's time to get serious about this now. I'm sick of being taken advantage of with money! It's time to be selfish with it and keep what I earn! Grr! It's times like these that I wish I had a punch bag :(

Sorry for the whinge x
    Overdraft 1 = £0/£2,000
    Overdraft 2 = £0/£500
    VSP #58
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sorry for the whinge x

Whinge away, its your diary hun x

Sorry to hear that your brother has moved back in with his GF, may be it is for the best :)

Don't give up hope as you're doing brilliantly so far.

Pmo2
    x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family