wish lists for ebay

Options
124»

Comments

• aeb_2
    aeb_2 Posts: 556 Forumite
    Options
    bartelbe wrote: »
    That is a very good idea, I suspect that allot of auction sales are lost because many buyers not familar with ebay don't understand how to set up an ebay snipper. My parents and many of their friends wouldn't be able to do this.

You can use preset bids, but once again I suspect many people don't want to do this, try and guess the price that auction will end at. They want to be able to see other bids, and then decide whether to bid or not.

Basically I use the auction system as a c**p buy it now sale, with one stopping time. I simply list at the price I want and sell to one bidder. Which kind of defeats the point of an auction.

If the bid time was extended, buyers would know that they couldn't be snipped, they would have time to look at the bid and place a higher bid if they were willing to pay the price.

I use it like you but my problem is that I am selling a collection of items which belonged to my husband who has passed away and I have no idea of the value. Of course I look at completed listings but final prices vary so much it is hard to tell why. Could be many reasons but it doesn't help me decide on a listing price. For example I've seen one item sell for £58 and £128. I don't expect top price every time but equally don't want to sell myself short every time.

I'm happy with a fixed ending for most items. I would be willing to pay a small fee to choose an extended ending, just like I can choose to pay a fee for BIN

aims for 2014 - grow more fruit and veg, declutter
  • worbikeman
    worbikeman Posts: 2,971 Forumite
    Options
    I sell collectable stamps and other philatelic items. The categories for listing stamps look like they were put together by someone whose knowledge of stamp collecting could be written on one:D
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,328 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    worbikeman wrote: »
    I sell collectable stamps and other philatelic items. The categories for listing stamps look like they were put together by someone whose knowledge of stamp collecting could be written on one:D

There has been a lot of problems with categories, the business board on ebay has a number of sellers saying that their categories are absolutely nonsense.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Rhymsta
    Rhymsta Posts: 478 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd like to be able to set the second chance offer to any amount equal or lower than the final selling price. I am sure this would generate more sales. A buyer that has bid too low has at least shown interest and might just be tempted. Also, when the winning buyer has bid far too high and pushed up everyone's bids it is very rare to get the second bidder to accept the offer. But if you could offer the item at a fair price there would be a much better chance of a sale.
  • Gary123456790
    Options
    Hi,

Good thread. I would like the email you get from ebay saying your item has sold to tell you what postage the buyer chose!

I usually work it out from the paypal email which amount is showing as postage (never any descriptions here either) but having this in the email would be a lot easier as I print the orders off from my email.

Gary.
  • squeakysue
    Options
    I would like to be able to view feedback for a particular item eg a business seller selling packing supplies with thousands of feedback, I would like to be able to narrow it down to feedback fro the particular mailing bags I am interested in rather than wading through other items' feedback
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure