Changes to Reward and Ultimate Reward Accounts

Options

Comments

• KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    18 long threads worrying about a £1.25 a week or am I clearly missing the point here.
    Up to £7.50 a week is better than nothing,
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    I do agree though it is free money at the end of the day and I'm sure if saw £1.25 on the side of the path I would pick it up.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm sure if saw £1.25 on the side of the path I would pick it up.

I saw a 50p piece on the pavement is Spain of all places. I tried to pick it up but it was cemented to the ground!
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    I do agree though it is free money at the end of the day and I'm sure if saw £1.25 on the side of the path I would pick it up.

The way I think about it is that my mobile phone bill is £5.99 per month and debited from Halifax. I transfer 99p per month and the Halifax pays the rest. Also transfer the 1K in of course. Doesn't leave the Halifax though, gets transferred to my 2.8% online saver.
  • savetilibleed
    Options
    noh wrote: »
    RCACust5 on all three of them which I assume is the letter to sole account holders that don't have existing DDs set up on their accounts.
    I am the sole account holder with no DDs and my letter ref is RCACust6
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    Gromitt wrote: »
    The way I think about it is that my mobile phone bill is £5.99 per month and debited from Halifax. I transfer 99p per month and the Halifax pays the rest. Also transfer the 1K in of course. Doesn't leave the Halifax though, gets transferred to my 2.8% online saver.

£5.99 for a mobile damn mines £36 but yes see what you're saying.
  • 1jim
    1jim Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well that was quite painless

Set up tesco saving account, one dd from Halifax solo account and one dd from Halifax joint account set up. Will finish setting up wife's tesco saver tomorrow

Will also set up another saving account, think Newcastle bs or the scottish widows instant access accounts may be the ones to do.

Will set up a standing order for £3 to go from my current account to Halifax joint acc, them a standing order for £1 to go to each of the other accounts a few days later in time for saving dd at middle of mth. The way I'm looking at it is now not only do I get £180 a year from Halifax, I'm now also saving another £36 a year that I wouldn't have been :-)
  • atlantis187
    atlantis187 Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I currently fund our x5 rewards accounts by internal transfer standing order

£1000 from
    joint account halifax account to my x2 rewards accounts and onto my wifes x2 rewards accounts then back to the joint account.

I know the funding is changing to £750 instead. can I leave it the way it is?
    I have already setup all the neccessary DD's
  • Frank121
    Frank121 Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hominu wrote: »
    Just setup a DD with the National Lottery for £4/£5 month (depending on number of weeks in a month). I normally play the lottery when I remember, so Halifax are just playing it for me now and I don't have to think about it.

Then £2/month to a Tesco savings account. Should do I think. Considering the number of DDs on that savings account now, it'll pay for my Christmas shopping next year! and 2.6% as well. Bonus.
    Hi,

I think you can also withdraw from your National Lottery account without actually playing? At least that's the case with funds funded from a debit card. If the same applies to funds funded with Direct Debit then this could be another direct debit option. :)
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I know the funding is changing to £750 instead. can I leave it the way it is?
    Sure, why not? I have left mine untouched (particulary I need the £1K to go to other banks, too)
    Frank121 wrote: »
    Hi,

I think you can also withdraw from your National Lottery account without actually playing?
    That could be very handy, hope somebody can confirm this actually works.

Also, does the NL accept more than on DD?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure