Northern rock loan over £25,000

1180181182183184186»

Comments

• pt2537
    pt2537 Posts: 120
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Lippyx wrote: »
    I returned mine, have emailed the new solicitor a few times now, with zero response!
    Looks like its gone into yet another black hole.... not sure why I even thought this time would be any different from the last 8 times I've tried to resolve this!!
    Id be happy to sort this out for you. ive seen a fair amount of the same feedback to be fair.

I am still fighting NRAM cases, now i can thanks to my covanant coming to an end. So if you need a hand just left me know :)
  • Hi,
    I’m new to this thread so apologies if this has already been covered! Had a NR Together mortgage with the loan part being over 25k! Took it out back in 2006. I had the paperwork from Howlett solicitors but didn’t proceed with a claim as although no win no fee the poss court costs I could’ve incurred worried me! Question is has anyone successfully claimed compensation from NR for the mis sale of these mortgages via a solicitor or is there no case to answer??
    Howletts said some test cases had proven successful hence why they wanted NR customers to appoint them but I’ve never heard of any outcomes! All seems to have gone quiet!
    Again apologies if I’m going over old ground!
  • Lippyx
    Lippyx Posts: 191 Forumite
    Kimledger wrote: »
    Hi,
    I’m new to this thread so apologies if this has already been covered! Had a NR Together mortgage with the loan part being over 25k! Took it out back in 2006. I had the paperwork from Howlett solicitors but didn’t proceed with a claim as although no win no fee the poss court costs I could’ve incurred worried me! Question is has anyone successfully claimed compensation from NR for the mis sale of these mortgages via a solicitor or is there no case to answer??
    Howletts said some test cases had proven successful hence why they wanted NR customers to appoint them but I’ve never heard of any outcomes! All seems to have gone quiet!
    Again apologies if I’m going over old ground!

My claim wasn't successful. Howletts ended up folding and my case went to another company. I've since had 3 other solicitors deal with my case.
    My case is not as clear cut as most (long story) as I split with my partner, I'd been to court previously with NRAM etc. and its quite complex.
    However, when I spoke to a solicitor about claiming for "unfair relationship" he said it would be very difficult to prove this (even though I had letters and phone call evidence) and to accept the £150 compensation NRAM offered (minus their 35% fee of course!)

In the end I took it. I have been fighting NRAM for over 10 years, with little success, and with my ex not paying a penny towards the loan it has left me exhausted.

You may be successful with claiming your interest back, but not sure who you need to deal with now as Howlett no longer exist!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure