PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

My kids will only ever own a property if their g/parents leave them massive amount

Options
1293031323335»

Comments

• snoop2008
    snoop2008 Posts: 611 Forumite
    Options
    The OP, is no longer around are they?
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Options
    EliteHeat wrote: »
    You seem to think that your childrens future prosperity is someone elses responsibility - I can't quite get my head around that one.

Got as far as your post, bang on the nail!! Some people's greed knows no bounds.
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When you're in a forum, looking through all the old posts... when you get to page 214 it's a good idea to not post on them.
  • puddy
    puddy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    Options
    i havent read the whole thread,but do feel annoyed at this sort of thing. i started working at 14, worked through school, college and uni (no parental contributions made even though they were supposed to), saved a deposit for a property and bought at 25. i did this by working overtime nearly every night and weekend for a period of about 2 years, and obviously had also been saving during my early years.

why are people coming to adult hood so incapable of doing things for themselves.
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When you're in a forum, looking through all the old posts... when you get to page 214 it's a good idea to not post on them.

Blooming interesting thread though!

My parents will is simple, any money left is to be split 3 ways, the house is to be sold and the proceeds split 3 ways.

No if buts or maybe's.....it is to be split equally between myself and my siblings regardless of how many children we have, what property we own, what savings we have.

All of us have told them to sell the house and go on a spending spree to enjoy the fruits of their labour while they still can. We don't want the money, we would prefer to see them enjoying themselves...and being here. Or conversely, if they need to go into a care home, for the house and monies to provide a comfortable place for them to see out their days (not that my parents agree on that one!)
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure