jSA CHRISTMAS 2012 PAYMENTS

Options

Comments

• Markmark
    Options
    Hey all just joined, I'm also experiencing problems with jsa.

Expected issue date was the 31st and still no pay,trust them to mess it up especially when I desperately need money.

I also tried calling and was on hold for 15 minutes with that idiotic replaying message, never even got through so unprofessional it's a joke.
  • oneredmedia
    Options
    Hi sorry I don't know who to message and this is an old post I wrote on before, I was just wondering if you could help me.

I signed on last on the 11th December 2012. And got paid on the 14th. I was then due to sign on the 25th, but couldn't due to it being Christmas and got paid fine on the 28th.

Anyways now, I am due to sign on the 27th. But got paid half of what I am supposed to today, is this right or wrong?
  • bengal-stripe
    bengal-stripe Posts: 3,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyways now, I am due to sign on the 27th. But got paid half of what I am supposed to today, is this right or wrong?

I presume your next signing-on date is January 8th.

Quite a few people due to sign that date have received a weeks payment today:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4371547
  • Trialia
    Trialia Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Options
    How nice it would have been if more people, mostly newbies, who asked for info about their various benefits, had thanked the many people who provided that info. ;)

Generally, posts with a passive-aggressive tone don't inspire a great deal of gratitude even if the information within is welcome... just a thought?

Markmark, I was talking to someone on Twitter a couple of days ago who spent a full hour on hold with the DWP about this. They can't get anything right now, how the heck they think they'll be able to implement this 'universal credit' !!!! properly I do not know.
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
  • bloomingflower
    bloomingflower Posts: 799 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 January 2013 at 1:54AM
    Options
    Trialia wrote: »
    Generally, posts with a passive-aggressive tone don't inspire a great deal of gratitude even if the information within is welcome... just a thought?

Markmark, I was talking to someone on Twitter a couple of days ago who spent a full hour on hold with the DWP about this. They can't get anything right now, how the heck they think they'll be able to implement this 'universal credit' !!!! properly I do not know.

I totally agree with you!

I just read the following on Wiki;

'The DWP announced that Universal Credit will be delivered by the best performing DWP and Tax Credit processing centres'

Say what? there isn't a best one is there? Love to know where they are! The pair of them working together is surely going to be a recipe for disaster?:eek: Gawd help us all!
  • Markmark
    Options
    I finally got my money sorted, phoned up on Friday morning at 8am as it's the best chance of getting through. I was answered pretty much instantly and I told the women my problem, she informed me that my payment was made on the 31st and should have been paid in on the second. I received my payment today Saturday the 5th as it was just a normal sign on. Thankfully I start work on Monday and don't need to deal with their unprofessional manner again.

Maybe they should hire people for their call centres since no one bloody answers half the time. Good luck to everyone else having problems.
  • Trialia
    Trialia Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Options
    lol really, the forum filters c r a p now?
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
  • Parva
    Parva Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    lol really, the forum filters c r a p now?
    Have you ever been on the receiving end of having to rely on such a measly payment of £71 to live for one week in accomodation that requires payment for the roof over your head, gas / electric / council tax and finally food? Just wondered.....
  • FleetFanatic
    Options
    It beggars belief that this country couldn't even expect the poor, deserving, unemployed of this country to get off their backsides & sign on over Christmas & New Year.

Meanwhile, a lot of us, myself included, were back at work on the 27th. Some people even had to work Christmas Day/Boxing Day.

Nice.
    Fog on The Tyne isn't mine all mine... but if I wanted it, I'd want it with a discount code.
  • SandraScarlett
    Options

Pardon? I'm referring to the numerous people who asked things such as "I'm usually paid on the 25th, when am I going to get paid", without even the mention of the word "please".

They then received a helpful stack of replies, some of which baldly stated "Friday 21st", others printed the entire timetable of expected and due dates, together with the correct link to the website.

Not only did neither type of response receive thanks, but many posters couldn't be bothered to read even one page of the thread to see if the answer had already been given.

It struck me that they wanted this info, and they wanted it now, and their time was too precious to waste looking at previous posts for a few minutes. So sad.

xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family