The Ultimate Incentive natters on. Part 9

Options

Comments

• Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    Options
    Good idea about hiding battery packs in presents! :)

In our local Next we have to walk through the baby section to get to the Mens and Homeware departments upstairs and it's torture, the clothes are sooooo cute and soooo tiny! :) Last time even OH was saying, 'Oh wow, that dress is so cute!' :rotfl:

Big squishy hugs Shrimpy, no wonder you're feeling sorry for yourself and I'm not impressed that a secretary made you cry! :mad: Hope you do get the call today and you get the op very soon. :)
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • Birdie85
    Options
    Cross posts Tete! Glad the tooth got (kind of) fixed and it wasn't just yanked out. Hurrah for getting a nice new dentist too! Have a look at Denplan or a cash back healthcare plan (like Medicash) to cover the cost of the crown, with Medicash you get money back for optical expenses and things like physio and accupuncture so will probably be quite good for you! :)

I did think about hiding the battery pack inside the jumper but since my jumper was fairly fitted it would have created a strange big bulge so had to make more of a point of it IYKWIM? Going to have a look for lights that take smaller batteries bu don't want to spend too much. Didn't realise how much of a bargain I got with my lights as they were only £1.99! :)
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Hmm I'm still not convinced on those medicash things :undecided can you outline what you pay and what you get for it please (if you don't mind!)

Yes I appreciate there might be a bulge!! Have you got a Boyes near you? I got some LED battery lights (20 on a string) from there for £2.79 the other day so they'll be half that after Christmas if there's any left. And they had an assortment of all-white, multi-coloured, all-red etc :)
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just looking at the top 100 baby names for 2012 and saw Grace , Evie and Poppy all next to each other aww.
    http://www.netmums.com/pregnancy/baby-names-buys-and-rights/top-100-baby-names-in-the-uk-2012
  • Lara44
    Lara44 Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely clothes all :) Beautiful dress you picked for Grace, Dinah. how funny that you had your eye on it too, CMD!

Birdie, it would be great if you could make it so the lights could be removed. Velcro, or some little ribbon tabs to insert the bulbs through? I agree that they would make a fab business. I'd definitely get one!!

I've got one deadline down out of five before 11th January. :j It's for the India application. Just going to work on the next most overdue one!
    :A :heartpuls June 2014 / £2014 in 2014 / £735.97 / 36.5%
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Oh Lara hugs! If it's for India though that's a good incentive!

Ah how cute about the names Wendz, and Lucy's just behind them too :) I bloomin love looking at baby name lists, is that weird for someone who's not having a baby? They just really interest me, one of my little foibles I guess :o
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Birdie85
    Options
    I like looking at names too, it's so strange that whenever I pick a name that I really like it turns up on the popular names lists! Evie and Grace included! ;) I really want a Betsy or a Kitty now, and I doubt they'll be in the top 100! :)

Re: Medicash, we pay about £38 a month for the 2 of us and get up to £160 optical expenses back each (which was swallowed up by my laser eye surgery! :cool:), £160 dental each, they'll also cover up to £360 complimentary therapy, £80 alternative therapy and £40 chiropody as well as various payouts for broken bones, hospital stays etc which is always a good back-up for us since OH is so accident prone! :o There's also £800 payable on the birth of a child which we're obviously hoping we'll receive at some point. :o

I'll check out Boyes next time I'm near there! I love it for their haberdashery deaprtment! :)
  • Lara44
    Lara44 Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    Options
    Deadline two out of five done :j Yeeeah!
    :A :heartpuls June 2014 / £2014 in 2014 / £735.97 / 36.5%
  • poddle911
    poddle911 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Wowee, well done Lara! You're cracking through things aren't you? Hope you're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's a bit less overwhelming now. India would be fab!

Aw, sweet that all your baby names are all cosy together - they're gorgeous names :)
    LBM Sep 2008 debt: £27,927.04
    start weight: 140.2, week 2: 138
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    When I was 11 my nana took me to a discount book shop and said I could pick any book I wanted. I picked a baby name dictionary. THAT'S weird.

Finally a weight gain today. Grace is now 11lb 15oz, up from 11lb 4oz 10 days ago :D
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills