New Life, My DFW Diary!

Options

Comments

• Lucy1982_2
    Lucy1982_2 Posts: 4,611 Forumite
    Options
    Just had another sale on Amazon!!

Going to have a look at home tonight to see if there is anything else that can go on.
    Current debt - £16,300 :(
    Debt at worst 17/03/2011 - £18,067.62:eek::eek:
    :ANot going anywhere else, ever again :A
  • tigzem
    tigzem Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    Options
    Wow - I can't believe how many books you're selling on Amazon!!!

Fab news about clearing those pesky debts!! yay x
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    Can you tell I was and English Lit student at uni :o Me and Mum have always been big readers (my reading age at school was much higher than my actual age) so all my pocket money was spent on books (I was reading 600 page novels aged 12!)

So my collection has been built up over about 15 years. But Amazon and carboots have got rid of some and there are a load going to charity. I am creating space at home which is nice as well.

Hopefully the debt will disappear nice a quickly. Must have been the goldfish you gave me :D
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    Well I have just checked my bank account and I am already £200 into my OD. I'm not happy about it, but I get paid on the 20th so I will just have to limit the damage between now and then. Must also remember that I have at least £78 towards it. Hopefully will come across some more money during the rest of the month.

It can't be helped so I am just going to pay it off and not do it again.
  • twinklie
    twinklie Posts: 5,052 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Your sounding MUCH more optomistic today....it's lovely to hear. Keep up the good work, mind you, you deserve to feel positive with all the hard work you've been putting in.

Well done. Relax and enjoy your new found outlook and clarity! I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens in the future. Keep up the good work...your putting me to shame!
    Reduction in daily mortgage interest since October 23 - £0.31 (started new mortgage)
    % of house owned/% of mortgage paid off. December 23 - 32.30%/24.54%
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
    MF Date: Oct 37 May 37
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    I don't know about that!

I've just checked online banking again and OD it now up to £230 :eek: But all of my direct debts have gone out. So it's just spending money now. The car has a full tank of petrol which will hopefully last until the 20th.

But I shall just have to work extra hard at paying it off. Still have £78 towards to, so it wont be that bad come pay day. I could transfer some money over from my A and L account, but don't want to do that. I am going to take this as a learning curve and learn to budget instead.

Although I didn't bring lunch with me today so will be eating at work :o but it's only £1.15 for a jacket spud and beans and that wont break that bank.

I'm going to blame my car for costing £191, it wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for that (and my over spending of course!)

Keep positive and everything will work itself out ok.

x
  • Shineyhappy
    Shineyhappy Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck sorting out your OD! I know how depressing it is to deal with them, I really cant wait until mine is all paid off and I only have a small od for incase of emergency type thing. That will be a glorious day.

That reminds me, I had better update my signature!

Although I cant believe you can get a potato and beans for under 3.50 and thats pretty cheap for round where I live!
    Debt Free - done
    Mortgage Free - done
    Building up the pension pot
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    It's the office canteen, so I think it might be discounted or something. Well I am just looking at a worse case senario of being £300 OD by payday and I think I can still stick to my plan of getting rid of both OD's and the store card. I might just need to work a bit harder a it.

But I am just about to work out my budget for the next week or so and see where I think I should end up.
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    right just done a quick calcualate and if I give myself £20 to last between now and the 20th, I could end up at about £270 OD. This includes payments I know about my haven't left the account yet.

So that's not to bad. Will just have to stick to my budget and not spend any more and I need to.
  • Shineyhappy
    Shineyhappy Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am hoping to get rid off the OD and the ccs by March next year (also remembering I have my ground rent to pay and my car to sort out- or replace) so I am trying to stay positive, then its cracking on with the big stuff! Although I shall be very happy just to have no cards with debts on them and no od.

I really hope you manage to get your ods and sc paid off asap! Even at work canteen thats pretty cheap!
    Debt Free - done
    Mortgage Free - done
    Building up the pension pot
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills