New Life, My DFW Diary!

Options

Comments

• Lucy1982_2
    Lucy1982_2 Posts: 4,611 Forumite
    Options
    I like to look at it like that.

What about DVD's/computer games or CD's you don't use anymore? I've found that they go very well. Have a good clear out and make 3 pile, things for Amazon, things for Car boot and then stuff that can go to charity.

The first 2 raise you some money and the 3rd makes you feel good, all round winner.

let me know what you find
    Current debt - £16,300 :(
    Debt at worst 17/03/2011 - £18,067.62:eek::eek:
    :ANot going anywhere else, ever again :A
  • twinklie
    twinklie Posts: 5,052 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unfortunately, partner is a DJ so all CD's are needed! And I'm a film buff but we only have DVD's of movies we love! As for the computer games, I don't have any but OH might, though I highly doubt he would let me sell em. Lol.

We'll find something I'm sure. Just gotta convince him to let me sell it. Ha ha

I need to develop a craft that will net me some money! Hmmmm.....
    Reduction in daily mortgage interest since October 23 - £0.31 (started new mortgage)
    % of house owned/% of mortgage paid off. December 23 - 32.30%/24.54%
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
    MF Date: Oct 37 May 37
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    I've taken up knitting. It doesn't make me money, but it does make christmas present. I'm very good at scarfs and building up to bobble hats!!
  • twinklie
    Options
    My friend knits....I'm not very good myself though. I find it really boring as well. I'm just not crafty and artistic I guess....sob sob.
    Reduction in daily mortgage interest since October 23 - £0.31 (started new mortgage)
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    I've learnt. I found a really good book. How about card making? My mum does it and has sold some, but uses them for Birthdays and Christmas rather than buying any.
  • twinklie
    Options
    Yeah I do make my own cards already. Also, making all the invites for the wedding....when we get the backroom sorted anyway! Lol.

Bought all the paper etc cheaply off ebay! Yey! Never been able to sell cards though. I must not be good enough...ha ha
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    Mum has sold some to family and friends. One of her friends daughters took them to work and she made a mint!

It's worth giving it a go.
  • cheletastic
    cheletastic Posts: 293 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Lucy1982

I've been reading your thread for a couple of days now along with your pay of by christmas challenge.

I just want to thank you for your inspiration - I've started my own thread as I've just left a job I hated on Friday and found out on Thursday that I've got a new job but it doesn't start until 3rd September. Therefore I've got to make one months wages last for two :eek: which is when I'll get paid from my new job!

Thanks to you I've listed some books on Amazon which I've never done before and my first one has sold today!:j

Have also knitted my mom a wrap in fancy yarn that I had sitting in my cupboard at home ready for her Birthday next Sunday:D

Thanks again and keep up the good work x
    Official DFW Nerd - Member 408 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    I'm glad I could help.

I've just checked online banking and I think I'm going to go into my LLoyds OD more than I thought :rolleyes: . Never mind. I have £78 towards it already, so will just have to be careful and try to save some more money. I know I could transfer some from my A and L OD, but I'd rather not. I'm going to give it a go the hard way, as I am hoping it will teach me to stick to a budget. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is not how I want to go about it. (Well at least not yet :rotfl: )

Other than that I'm doing good. Had another few items go on Amazon (already updated Sig) and I am paying in the money from the car boot today so I will be updating my Lloyds OD at the end of next week. Need to find out how OD I go and then where I am once I've paid some off. Once I've had this month's pay slip and I know what the difference is with my payrise I am going to move the extra into savings and put it towards my Lloyds OD. Then hopefully any Amazon sales I have will continue to reduce my A and L OD. Sounds like a plan to me.

Wasn't so good with food yesterday and probably used up the syns I had saved, so must be good for the rest of the week now.

Anyway, feeling good and I am going to sit down tonight and work out how to do a knitting stitch so I can learn to make bobble hats for christmas presents.

Have fun x
  • twinklie
    Options
    Just a thought for you Lucy. Ok so it doesn't earn you money but the feel good factor is huge!!

My soon to be mother inlaw knits little bobble hats, booties, mittens (to stop scratching and grabbing wires) and cardigans (shes very good) for the permature babys at the hospital. Because they are so small you can't really buy clothes for them so these donations help to keep the poor souls warm at a very very important time.

Apparently if you can say, knit a scarve comfortabley, then the hats, booties and mittens (which look a lot like booties to me...lol) are pretty simple and straight forward.

Just thought I'd pass on the info, as it is very worthwhile.

Oh and well done you on being so organised with this Amazon business.
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business