IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Highview Parking - Charge Notice for a purchased ticket

Options

Comments

• Sazz_2
    Sazz_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Wow thank you, that's quite some reply! And extremely helpful. If they don't drop the "charges" then I will definitely go down the route you just suggested. At the end of the day, it is at their expense as you say! The only problem I have is there is no supermarket etc to complain too - it's on wasteland which has been converted into a car park. But will certainly take your other advice! Thank you again :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not only is POPLA at their expense but it's not binding on you - but IS binding on them, LOL! :rotfl:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • minimike2
    minimike2 Posts: 2,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another addition to the Edward street saga here...

Along with two colleagues who also parked there on 1st Nov 2012.

I knew there was a clear fault in the system when we all got the letters.

Now they have ignored my appeal - I keep ringing them over and over and suprise suprise the line with the people I need to speak to is always busy. They promise to call back and never do.

Worst thing for me is that I drive a company car - The "Bill" goes to the lease company who have paid it. I am about to have £140ish debited from my salary this month, as my contract states that is how "FINES" are dealt with. Powerless until Highview refund the money to the lease company. Not really what I want for the pay the month after Xmas.
  • surfboy1
    surfboy1 Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    minimike2 wrote: »
    Another addition to the Edward street saga here...

Along with two colleagues who also parked there on 1st Nov 2012.

I knew there was a clear fault in the system when we all got the letters.

Now they have ignored my appeal - I keep ringing them over and over and suprise suprise the line with the people I need to speak to is always busy. They promise to call back and never do.

Worst thing for me is that I drive a company car - The "Bill" goes to the lease company who have paid it. I am about to have £140ish debited from my salary this month, as my contract states that is how "FINES" are dealt with. Powerless until Highview refund the money to the lease company. Not really what I want for the pay the month after Xmas.
    Sounds like an illegal deduction from your wages!
    The parking invoice is not a "FINE" in any way,shape or form.
    You need to have a word with your HR dept.
  • minimike2
    minimike2 Posts: 2,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    surfboy1 wrote: »
    Sounds like an illegal deduction from your wages!
    The parking invoice is not a "FINE" in any way,shape or form.
    You need to have a word with your HR dept.

Indeed. I have tried explaining to the lease company, but apparently the terms of my contract for the car covers any sorts of charges brought against the car, which I then have to appeal. It's a total joke.

I am going to invoice Highview for my time and resources and then take them to court when they dont pay!
  • surfboy1
    surfboy1 Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    Indeed. I have tried explaining to the lease company, but apparently the terms of my contract for the car covers any sorts of charges brought against the car, which I then have to appeal. It's a total joke.

I am going to invoice Highview for my time and resources and then take them to court when they dont pay!
    Hmmm, sounds like a lease company i could make some money out of if they are keen on paying speculative invoices like that!
    Can i have the name of the lease company?
    Lol, only joking, What a silly lease company.
    I still do not think that your work can deduct the money from your wages (however that depends on how your employment contract is worded!)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 4 January 2013 at 5:13PM
    Options

No it doesn't. Read it, ask your HR for a copy. It really won't cover these fake PCNs. Your issue is just as much with the lease company/employer as with Highview.

Here's a few threads about this issue:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3748269

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3994019&page=2

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=70402

HTH, open your eyes to what the Lease Company have done. It actually GOES AGAINST the Leasing Industry Trade Body's advice which was updated in October after the POF Act and says they should simply pass on the driver's details - which then gives the Fleet zero liability. Ask the Lease company/employer why the BVRLA advice was not followed and why a random private invoice has just been paid when only penalties and fines are (likely to be) covered in your car use t&cs:

http://www.bvrla.co.uk/Lobbying_and_Campaigns/harmonising_road_traffic_legislation.aspx

HTH, there is more to this than you are considering. Get your HR Dept to stop that deduction now - politely but firmly lodge it as an official grievance and make sure you NEVER call this amount a 'fine/penalty' nor let your employer use that word either. It is nothing of the sort, it's an invoice that should not have been paid. And point out the error in approach by the Lease firm, which should NOT be compounded by taking money from you.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Listen to what coupon is saying please
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Squinter
    Options
    I've also had a similar issue with Highview. I parked there on 17.11.12, and received a £75 fine for not paying. Fortunately my wife never cleans out her car and we still had the parking ticket that you stick in the window. On closer inspection though the machine had printed the date as 18.11.12, fortunately I had paid by debit card and the printout showed 17.11.12. This is a compete scam and the company needs closing down.
  • lucyamw
    Options
    Hi,

I too was issued with a Charge Notice from Highview for Edward Street car park dated the 18/11/12 which like many people received on Xmas Eve after a long day at work. Obviously I threw my ticket away after all that time but I do have my bank statements. I've no intention of paying.
    After looking on the lots of different forums, hundreds of people have been affected in the last couple of months - but the Yorkshire Evening Post is running a story on this in the next couple of weeks. I contacted a journalist who is ringing tomorrow and I would urge all those in the same situation to do the same - hopefully the word will spread and innocent paying customers will see what a bunch of cowboys they are and park elsewhere!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure