December Debt Destruction!!!

Options

Comments

• Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 14 December 2012 at 6:18PM
    Options
    Hi everybody,

No spends today so my figures are the same as yesterday:-

Food 6.14 / 50.00 (for 2 people)
    Petrol 29.66 /105.00 (2 vehicles)
    Christmas Food 30.00
    Christmas presents 50.00
    Unplanned spends 6.66
    NSD 3 / 20
    SD 2 / 11

Sorry to hear about your bike Kat - hope everybody manages to keep safe and warm in the snow.

Toodles
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Evening everyone, just a quickie from me....4 NSDs so far, but I went karaaaayzee today and spent a whopping £3 on a light bulb (living life on the edge :rotfl:). Been busy working and more work to come so all's good here.

Keep up the good work everyone (and listen to kat's wise words all ye who feel a bit low)
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    Options
    Today was a spend day sadly but i was savvy i forgot my breakfast so rather then spend nearly afiver for one breakfast i popped in to sainsburys and bought cereal and fruit to leave at work so thats works breakfast or if i forgot my lunch that too .. always asolution as a very wise kat once told me .... i'll add it to my spend .. hope youre all doing great xx
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all.

Plans for today:

Study. Lots of.
    NSD. Number 4 hopefully:)
    Eating up food from leftovers.

Forgot to say, when I went food shopping yesterday. The till spat me out a £7.50 of £50 spend, lovely:) will be using this to buy in non perishables for the month. I will need to have a good root around the cupboards so I don't forget anything and take full advantage of the voucher. Also used my double points coupon when I filled up with petrol, so my nectar points for next years Xmas food shopping are coming along very nicely:)

Have a great day all and be careful out there x
    November NSD's - 7
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 6 December 2012 at 7:50AM
    Options
    MORNING!!!!

My train is cancelled, I resembled the Michelin Kat in all my layers- hood up by the way- so thought what better way to amuse myself than to check out my chickadees on such a freezing morning!! Hope you are all keeping warm.. Remember the key is layering, trapping the heat! Two on my legs, 6 on my upper body.. That's the way uh huh uh huh I like it uh huh uh huh..

Suzitiger hello to you!! Please lurk.. It's too late in the stakes to join now and only pitch 10 NSD's.. Sorry baby cakes your debts and overall changes are more important that NSD board prizes.. I NEED 20 minimum from you or the attempt at least...

L2B and GelMC I'm sorry you guys are feeling down.. I have given over an extra £300 towards debt this month on top of £350 overdraft so am down to £156... This includes the food I haven't quite got round to buying.. Food prices this weekend.. Meal with friends back home, work Christmas meal.. Ummm maybe bike damage now.. Money to mummy for noms.. Etc. Its tough, it's a little depressing at times but we are in this for the greater good. We will get GelMC into her house.. Even if it's void of furniture.. We will get what we want! It's embracing austerity, restricting ourselves ( I love that word ).. Pulling tight those purse strings, bargain hunting.. We will get out the other side and celebrate together!!!!

I'm proud of all the NSD's.. I'm planning 10 in a row when I get home to Ireland.. Ha ha ha!!

My bottom is freezing by the way...

Really hope those with flu/man-flu ( poor MancMan I feel bad for teasing you.... A little..).. And general disheartened-ness ( new NSK word ).. Feel better soon! I'm touched by your mucking in and posting anyway...

Get those hot lemon and honey out .. Incidentally I am interested how you all treat your cold/flu? Any old school recipes tried and tested that never fail..? Mine??...!

1-Crush one clove of garlic on a spoon, cover in honey and swallow.. Make sure you have a slice of bread near by and a glass of water cause you might heave..

Garlic is a member of the album family for those unaware! Potent anti-oxidant qualities! The pungent smell is the part you want so if you are partial to garlic tablets the 'odourless' ones are useless..!

2-This and hot lemon and honey - NOT beechams or lemsip which is full of sugar..!

3- Head over a bowl of olbas oil in a tub of hot water with a towel over your head! That'll clear the nose..

Right NSK over and out! I'm gonna whack up the Puppini Sisters 'Step into Christmas' and see how many tuts I get..:-)..

Onwards and Upwards!

P.s.. Scored a chocolate panettone during a SECRET Santa last night that I was roped into.. I put in two bottles of nail varnish gained through a No.7 promo two months ago.. Which cost me nothing.. AND the panettone is on way to work to feed the vultures.. I hate buying things for the office ( however everyone does ).. So this should appease them all!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • LaFolie
    LaFolie Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    NSD yesterday - finally! yay! Today and tomorrow won't be though - haircut tonight (only get it done once a year), and my old work's Christmas do tomorrow - aiming to spend £50 or less between the two :)
    Overdraft: -£980
    CC: [STRIKE]£677[/STRIKE] £627

May Targets
    NDS: / 6

• PurpleJay
    Options
    Morning All. Well I am still feeling crappy but have to go to work. Still not got to be there until 10 and going to have a quick shower to wake me up. It is just a bad cold - not flu as I can still function but it is making me feel sorry for myself!

I have been taking beechams all in one medicine morning and evening which hubby bought me, I don't usually bother but it is amazing! Really gets things loosened up so i can breathe and dries up the runny nose. Usually I take paracetamol and use olbas oil or Vick. And alcohol - any excuse really :D tho not in the morning obviously!!!

Today I have had toast for breakfast with marmalade which has been lurking in the back of the fridge. I forgot how much I like it :) lunch is pasta and sauce from the freezer and I have a couple of satsumas too. No need to spend anything today hopefully.

No snow here yet but it as given it out late morning, turning to rain so we shall see. Righty o, better get ready.
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • Mancman86
    Options
    NSK- Yes the MIL can sort of see that and feels sorry for you. She sent me soup because she was feeling sorry for me because I was so ill, which by the way is clearing up now:-) I dont see it as cheating or being naughty, I see it as pooling and using other peoples resources for my benefit:cool:- the MIL wanted to give me hot food for work to cure my "manflu" actual chest and throat infection all served up with a cough. Prescription meds like penicillin and antibiotics, do they count as well as cough syrups.
    Yea farely well planned. £90 was paid of my CC yesterday misteriously cant see where from as I havnt paid any money in yet this month.She doesnt mind me drinking to be fair dont drink as much as my uni days :beer: could do with some festive cheer though. No alcohol till at least after this first attempt at medical on monday - which is in Leicester by the way.
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    MancMan - you sound pretty serious if you have anti-biotics. Really hope this clears up before Monday however you need an easy restful weekend I think!!! Order from Dr NSK by the way....lol!! Tell MIL its a mean to an end eating this rubbish.. I usually make my own sauces etc and can cook quite adequately however right now I am embracing being a miser..:rotfl:
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words guys.
    We have had no hot water or heating for a week now and its starting to drive me insane. Can cope with being cold but no bath or shower with 2 small children is just.......well c**p tbh!
    Hoping to have sold some bits so should have some money tomorrow for food shopping. Setting myselfa freezer challenge for tea. Thinking pasta soup now. Lol.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure