The Inverness Thread

in Scotland
77 replies 12.1K views

Replies

• Hi,

I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed:

"Stop Highland School Cuts"
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stophighlandschoolcuts?e

I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes less than a minute of your time.

Thanks!
    Hit the snitch button!
    member #1 of the official warning clique.
    :D:j:D
    Feel the love baby!
  • Smiley_MumSmiley_Mum Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    For eating out...

Jeera by the Post Office. Business lunch served noon til 3pm 7 days a week. Cost £5.95 for adults and £3.95 for children. Been a couple of times and always been good.

Charlie Chans new place in Tomnahurich Street. (The old West End Chippy). They do a business lunch, not sure of times or prices but it's good too. Menu is chicken noodle soup, or fizzy orange for starter, veg chow mein, beef curry or chicken in black bean sauce for main and banana fritter or coffee for final course. Very filling, you won't need a tea that night.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
    3.8K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    [
    I would reccomend Charlie Chan's for a good value meal which provides good value chineese buffet, and if you get the right seats you get a great view of the river[/quote]

Think you must mean Jimmy Chungs just next door to Johnny Foxes and The Peat. It overlooks the river. Charlie Chans is on Tomnahurich Street and faces Tescos.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Smiley_Mum wrote: »
    Charlie Chans new place in Tomnahurich Street. (The old West End Chippy). They do a business lunch, not sure of times or prices but it's good too. Menu is chicken noodle soup, or fizzy orange for starter, veg chow mein, beef curry or chicken in black bean sauce for main and banana fritter or coffee for final course. Very filling, you won't need a tea that night.

Fizzy orange for a starter? :confused:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    :happylove
  • peediedjpeediedj Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    for a good meal in sneck,go to dow,s bar diner,went last night lovely food,1st time i had been in ages
    Live in my shoes for a week,then tell me your lifes hard!
    3.8K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fizzy orange for a starter?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

On the menu it stated "Orange Juice" but when the starter arrived it was an orangeade type fizzy drink. :confused:
  • It sounds like a menu from the early 80's.

If you want that type of meal I'd definitely go for Jimmy Chungs... they have a veggie menu and will cook something fresh that can be combined with the buffet. :D
    :happylove
  • lexie55_2lexie55_2 Forumite
    775 Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    WORKED IN INVERNESS MID 70's, GREAT PUB AT LUNCHTIME (CAN'T REMEMBER NAME) BETWEEN LITTLEWOODS AND BOUTIQUE (SHOWING MY AGE), FANTASTIC SELECTION OF CLOTHES.
  • lexie55 wrote: »
    WORKED IN INVERNESS MID 70's, GREAT PUB AT LUNCHTIME (CAN'T REMEMBER NAME) BETWEEN LITTLEWOODS AND BOUTIQUE (SHOWING MY AGE), FANTASTIC SELECTION OF CLOTHES.
    Is it the Gellion's ??
    http://www.gellions.co.uk/

Littlewoods gone replaced by Primark
    Hit the snitch button!
    member #1 of the official warning clique.
    :D:j:D
    Feel the love baby!
  • lexie55_2lexie55_2 Forumite
    775 Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Yeah, That's It, Still The Same In Parts, Brings Back Memories..
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides