Monument Credit Card

Options

Comments

• HAVEFAITH
    HAVEFAITH Posts: 557 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    andyauk wrote: »

Hi all I recently cleared all of my debts had been on a DMP with payplan for a couple of years and then remortgaged so I could make full and final settlements.

I paid approx 80% of the outstanding debt to all of my creditors in full settlement.. The quetion is now can I go after them for the charges which they applied to my accounts?

Thanks

There is no reason why you should not go after charges that were applied to your accounts at the time .... I did & succeeded ... GO GET EM!
    "onwards & upwards"
  • lisa180_2
    Options
    HAVEFAITH wrote: »
    OK, enough is enough ... i have lost patience with Monument in respect of receiving my 6 years of statements via a DSAR request back in Oct & Dec 2007. Time to consult the FOS ... What is the procedure here and is there a letter template to follow out there please?

Hi
    I'm quite new to this and I am havin loads of problems with monument, they dont seem to have my statements and I have rang every possible number and written to them 3 times, I am loosing my patience also but dont know what to do next!
    btw what is a DSAR?:o
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    lisa180_2 wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm quite new to this and I am havin loads of problems with monument, they dont seem to have my statements and I have rang every possible number and written to them 3 times, I am loosing my patience also but dont know what to do next!
    btw what is a DSAR?:o

You don't need to know your charges to claim via the FOS.

Just follow the FOS template ( http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/credit-card-charges ) , but point out that you have not calculated the charges. If that is because Monument have failed to provide them to you within 40 days, you can also ask to be given compensation.

But either way, it is up to Monument to provide the charges information to the FOS, not you.

The have just paid my friend in full, via the FOS, but were slow to respond.
  • gixer_soldier
    Options
    Melgirl wrote: »
    Hi

I wrote to
    Monument Bank
    Portland Building
    25 The High Street
    Crawley
    West Sussex
    RH10 1BG

The number on the letter I received back from them is 01293 802 473. (Never posted on here before so if posting telephone numbers is not allowed, please let me know and I will take it out). They offered me £330 on a claim of around £800. Have written back to them saying that I will accept £500!! expecting reply before the end of this week.

Hope this helps

Melgirl

hello there! i was wondering if u had any luck. ive been at them for 2 yeears now, to many phone numbers and adresses, and checks, to count. id really appreciate any help anyone might have:mad:
  • Melgirl
    Melgirl Posts: 952 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I wrote to Monument asking for around £800 and they offered me £330. I wrote back saying that that was not enough but I would accept £500 and they replied saying £330 was their final offer and that I should go to the financial ombudsman, which I have done, using the template on one of these boards.

I have since received a letter from the FO saying that they have a huge backlog but will get back to me. That was around 3 weeks ago, so I am going to wait for a few more weeks and then call the FO to ask them how far they have got.

Hope this helps.

Mel
    VSP Challenge 2010 No 19 - £416.09 , 2011 No15 - £497.17, 2012 No9 - £146.52. 2013 No5 - £113.92
    SPC4 No1066 - £948.95,
    SPC5 No1066 - £659.49 (2 stone 13lbs)
    SPC6 No1066 - Pot 1 - 3.03b. Pot 2 - 3.05lb Pot 3 - 3.0lb
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I wrote to Monument asking for around £800 and they offered me £330. I wrote back saying that that was not enough but I would accept £500 and they replied saying £330 was their final offer and that I should go to the financial ombudsman, which I have done, using the template on one of these boards.

I have since received a letter from the FO saying that they have a huge backlog but will get back to me. That was around 3 weeks ago, so I am going to wait for a few more weeks and then call the FO to ask them how far they have got.

Hope this helps.

Mel

The timescale is around 6 months.
  • HAVEFAITH
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi

Hope this helps.

Mel

Hi Melgirl,

Once any card/store company makes you an offer you've got em!! In a nutshell they want to get you off their books cheaply. Take them to court now for the full amount + interest. I have had 100% success with this. Monument are next on my radar ... I just need the statements then the rest follows. GO GET EM!!
    "onwards & upwards"
  • ICan'tStandIt
    Options
    lisa180_2 wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: HELP!!!!!
    Could someone please let me know the address to send to Monument and the phone number??
    I have been told that my account had been transferred to 'SkyCard' and then was told 'Barclaycard', I no longer have a credit card now and I feel i'm getting the runaround from Monument:mad: :mad: !! I have sent 2 letters the second one was recorded, no-one seems to have a clue what i'm talkin about when I ring.

My card started '4265' if this helps:eek: :eek:

also....
    is it poss to reclaim charges from catalogue ppi??

When Barclays sold Monument, it kept some of the better accounts and transferred them to Barclaycard accounts.

Monument were left with the cr*p that Barclays no longer wanted, but Monument are a sub-prime lender so they're probably ok with that.

If Monument no longer recognise your account number, then you need to be dealing with Barclaycard.

Hope this helps.
  • Bigmark_2
    Options
    Hi

It could be an old PROVIDIAN ACCOUNT sold to MONUMENT late 2003

Customer Relations
    Monument
    51 Saffron Road
    Leicester
    LE18 4US

Tel:01293 802473
  • HAVEFAITH
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Carole O'Neill at Monument cc ....

Is this a reliable person to write to and get a response from at Monument?
    "onwards & upwards"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport